What's new

What razor gives you the best shave?

This may have been done before but I couldn't find it. It seems everyone on this forum has numerous razors. I was just wondering, out of all your razors, which one gives you the closest and best shave. Toss in what your using to go along with that best shave. Here's mine:

Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
GEM PTFE Coated Stainless blades
Pre-shave with regular apricot oil
Queen Charlotte Key Lime soap

Winning combination for me. Peace.

I do have experience with straights, but I'm a recent convert to safety razors. In my small collection, so far, my NDC Super Speed gives me my best shave, though my OCMM is vying for that spot.

Gillette NDC SS
Astra SP blades
Semogue 1438
Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream
Nivea Original Post Shave Balm
Pinaud Clubman AS

FaTip Piccolo (open comb), recently I tried the 34C HD again and I didn't like it. It was way too soft for my whiskers, the FaTip mows them down.

My ATT Kronos R1, then the M2. However my most enjoyable shaves are with my adjustable razors: Merkur Futur and Progress, Gillette SA, Slim and FB in that order.

Merkur 37c Slant, hands down. Other things I change up (Astra SP and Feather blades), a variety of brushes, soaps and creams, but the Slant is the only razor I now use.

Merkur 37c Slant, hands down. Other things I change up (Astra SP and Feather blades), a variety of brushes, soaps and creams, but the Slant is the only razor I now use.
Totally gotta agree with ya dude. My 37c is by far my best shave I get. I have been afraid to use feathers though because the thing is aggressive enough that the minute your not paying attention to your technique, it'll bite ya. Astras have been my go-to.

Above The Tie Slant open comb S2 with Atlas handle by far the best razor I have. Close competitor Razorock aluminium stealth slant.

Used my Progress this morning, sweet and smooth as always. Got to give credit where credit is due, my Progress. Loaded a fresh yellow, set to 2.5, just a pleasant shave all around.

Of the razors I have tried:

Double Edge
Open comb:
Gillette Tuckaway
Gillette Single Ring

Straight Bar
1948 Aristocrat
1949 Aristocrat Jr.
1940's SuperSpeed

Single Edge
GEM Damaskeene

Best shave, meaning smooth and BBS, the iKon OC and the Ever Ready Streamline, this one will last longer.
There are several other razors in my aarmory but these are the most pleasand with great performance.

Fatip or Ikon Slant (original) with Polsilver SI will yield the closest smoothest shaves. For daily use I prefer something milder though to prevent the chance of ingrowns so I'll reach for ATT M1 or Feather AS-D2.

Top Bottom