What's new

Question about Acqua Di Parma

Well the wife surprised me with some Aqua Di Parma last night and I am wondering if someone can tell me what color the lid is on the old formula. The reason I ask is this seems a little hard kinda like soap and I was expecting more fluffy texture. Is it just old? Should I return it?

The older version has a shiny dark rose gold lid whereas the newer version is more of a brown color.

Last edited:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422202196.207558.jpg

There's the older version. The other tip off is if it says "Colonia" on the tub.

Sorry, doing this from my phone hence the several posts. The older AdP as pictured is a bit stiffer, much like Proraso soap whereas the newer version is a cream like TOBS etc.

This being the New Formulation: IMO is not as good......... The old formulation is what I call a CROAP "semi hard soap"

Charles U.K

Ok so I am guessing I have the new batch but it is hard like a soap. The jar is full but I had to swirl my brush around it a dozen times to get enough on to make a lather. Maybe I was mistaken but I thought I would dip my brush into the product not swirl it on top of

Ok so I am guessing I have the new batch but it is hard like a soap. The jar is full but I had to swirl my brush around it a dozen times to get enough on to make a lather. Maybe I was mistaken but I thought I would dip my brush into the product not swirl it on top of

It should be softer than croap, but not quite soft enough to plunge load. That said, it gets a bit softer after you've used it for a while. In a 180 to the other poster, having 3017'ed both an old and a new version, I find the newer AdP to be the better performer whereas the older one has an unbeatable scent. YMMV of course.

I also prefer the new formula and simply finish off my shave with a couple of sprays of ADP Colonia EdT.

armybuck041 thank you for your service.

on the edge of my seat, Plano! How was your first AdP shave?
and be sure to properly thank the wife!

on the edge of my seat, Plano! How was your first AdP shave?
and be sure to properly thank the wife!
Well I have only used it the one time so far. Had my lavender CF show up this week also so I tried that out as well. I really like the CF and sunday I'm going to give the AdP a good use and see just how amazing it really is.

Had my lavender CF show up this week also so I tried that out as well. I really like the CF and sunday I'm going to give the AdP a good use and see just how amazing it really is.

2 of the best creams on the market. Together with Baume.Be...they are my top 3.

Personally I prefer the old formulation; particularly when it comes to the scent. Either way, its still a great cream. Like sarimento1 said above, be sure to thank the wife!

Top Bottom