What's new

**Random PIF**- Inspired by talk of the Classics

"NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN"

I can't scream loud enough how big a waste of my life this movie was. This movie was about a gripping as Edward Scissors Hands. It was hyped and applauded by critics.

This movie was so predictable I was able to call out the results of every coin toss Chigurh (Javier Bardem) made and the characters actions after. First I feel Javier Bardem is overrated as an actor to begin with and this is probably his worst role. The actors plod through to an inevitable ending that the Coen Brothers were telegraphing from the very beginning of the movie. Not to mention that the violence that Chigurh commits was so over the top and unbelievable that many times I found myself laughing at the movie.

The Coen's should have been ashamed of themselves for not shredding the scripts and burning every copy of the movie.

... and I'm in!

Don't read the book then, because I'm pretty sure all the Coens did to "adapt the screenplay" was to copy and paste the original source.

I'm in. The Hobbit. Peter Jackson pretty much wrecked a great story. After seeing the final and last installment, I read the book just to remind myself of what actually happened in the story.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I'm in. The Hobbit. Peter Jackson pretty much wrecked a great story. After seeing the final and last installment, I read the book just to remind myself of what actually happened in the story.

+1 Very disappointed in that one, especially after how much I enjoyed Peter Jackson's take on Lord of the Rings. The opening scene of the Hobbit with the dwarves showing up for the party was pretty good. But once they got into the battles - ugh. Did Jackson even read the book? And the using the tree as a shield thing - give me a break. The king was called Thorin Oakenshield because oak was a common material for shields to be made out of, not because 100 lbs oak branches make good shields. That may be a dumb thing to lose my suspense of disbelief over, but for me, the movie was all down hill after that. deep breath Okay, I feel better now.

I'm in. Just watched "Tammy" withy the wife. Thought I was going to laugh a bit, but was very disappointed. The previews depict it as a comedy but it def isn't. Needless to say we were both disappointed [emoji17]

I walked out of the last one. I've only walked out on 2 or 3 movies in my life, and I never imagined a Tolkien movie would be one of them. "The Fellowship of the Ring" was a great, great movie. But Peter Jackson has been on a steep slide ever since.

I'm in.
Biggest let down would have to be El Camino. Clint Eastwood can't die in a movie, it's just not right!

The movies listed are really interesting. Seems most are what your average person would say is a bad movie but the few that are generally considered good movies are interesting.

It really looks like if the movie is based on a really good book, that is where the dis-like comes from.

I'm In....

The Interview has to be the biggest waste of time and money watching a movie I've ever had. The hype got me hook line and sinker. Don't let it happen to you.

This PIF is now closed! My next post will be announcing the winner taken from a random number between 2-116. Good luck and thank you all for participating!

And the winner is:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422404884.691518.jpg

#9 - FoolishMortal

Congrats! Pm has been sent. If I do not get a response in 24 hours a new winner will be chosen.

And the winner is:

#9 - FoolishMortal

Congrats! Pm has been sent. If I do not get a response in 24 hours a new winner will be chosen.

Stellar news - thanks so much! After I have used it a few times, I will post a review. :001_smile

Bonus bad movie: Eyes Wide Shut. What a horrid pile of horridness!!

Top Bottom