What's new

Vidyut Super max platinum blades= paint scrapper.

This was by far the worst shave ever. Tried a pack of these super max platinums and it chewed my left cheek up. Even grabbed a second one out the pack to see if it was just a crap blade...they must all be. They it in the bin and finished with my Feather.

Should of of stuck with what works.

And now I'm off to order more Feathers just to show my love. :thumbup1:

Vidyuts are the low end of the S-M line,but the worst blade they make is the "Rise" blade,100% crap.To be fair,their Blue Diamond Platinum is an excellent ,smooth shaving blade.

Yep I'm done with trying new blades. Gotta go with what works. Just bought 200 more feathers from Dr Idiots site.

How odd it is about razor blades being such an individual-preference product. I've tried a few dozen types, and these work great for me. Call me lucky, I guess, to have success with one of the most inexpensive blades around.

I can't stand a lot of the blades out there. Vidyut are terrible for me, along with everything Lord makes. The blades considered the smoothest and sharpest are the only ones that work for me. Polsilver and Gillette 7o'clock black may work for you.

The platinum work alright for me. Smooth enough, but not the sharpest. Shadow comes back faster than usual with these. Their Super Stainless were a disaster and cut me up pretty bad though. Still have to try the other varieties.

Don't like either the low end SM Platinum nor the SS. But even if they were just ok, they have to beat out all the cheap Russian blades now available (Rapira, Voskhod, Ladas, Sputnik, Astra). I don't see a single low end Indian blade that's comparable for my tastes at the same prices shipped to the US in packs of 100 or 200. You have to go to the 7 O'Clock Blacks to get something that's as good or better (depending upon your preferences) than the best Russian products and at that level you're now competing with the Russian 7 O'Clocks, GSB, and Polsilver. I used to see the Supermax blades as more a competitor to Sharks and Lords when on sale.

Well the Super Platinums and Titaniums have been well spoken of in the past. True the regular platinum and super stainless are their lower end blades. I've seen the Platinum as low as about $9.50 per 200.

The Super Platinum and Titanium are in price parity with the cheaper Russian blades, around $10 per 100. Both of these blades are on my testing list. But so are a dozen other blades, so I might not get to them any time soon.

Top Bottom