What's new

Arko - Finally Tried It

I picked up a stick of Arko from a local shop on Monday and decided to give a try today. I'm impressed. After rubbing the soap around on my stubble and going at it with my brush, I got a mound of foam that quickly turned into a nice lather, in the middle of me thinking "it's too foamy, did I not use enough soap?" Boy was I wrong. The first pass lather was kind of thin but really slick, the second pass lather was rich, creamy, and super slick.

Finished up with alum, which approved of the quality of my shave, and Lucky Tiger face moisturizer.

Now I see what all the hype is about. And no, it smells just fine to my nose.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I picked up a stick of Arko from a local shop on Monday and decided to give a try today. I'm impressed. After rubbing the soap around on my stubble and going at it with my brush, I got a mound of foam that quickly turned into a nice lather, in the middle of me thinking "it's too foamy, did I not use enough soap?" Boy was I wrong. The first pass lather was kind of thin but really slick, the second pass lather was rich, creamy, and super slick.

Finished up with alum, which approved of the quality of my shave, and Lucky Tiger face moisturizer.

Now I see what all the hype is about. And no, it smells just fine to my nose.
Screech:
proxy.php
...glad to hear you like Arko!

This is what I did...I melted a puck of VDH luxury Scented, added about 8 drops of glycerin and 8 drops of vintage Clubman Club Royal then poured it over a grated puck of Arko,...'Überlather' I'm and loving it! :thumbsup:
attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]"Happiness is in the [shaving soap] that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart". Mort Walker[/FONT]

Screech:
proxy.php
...glad to hear you like Arko!

This is what I did...I melted a puck of VDH luxury Scented, added about 8 drops of glycerin and 8 drops of vintage Clubman Club Royal then poured it over a grated puck of Arko,...'Überlather' I'm and loving it! :thumbsup:
attachment.php
[FONT=&amp]"Happiness is in the [shaving soap] that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart". Mort Walker[/FONT]

That's sounds interesting. How did the scents mix?

I also had my first shave with arko today. Wonderful slick leather and an excellent two pass BBS shave! I will be buying more arco sticks!

I just tried Arko for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I was amazed. Wish I would have tried it earlier. Yeah it doesn't smell good but so what? I lathers with the best of them.

50/50 Arko & Williams makes a wonderful soap, and a nice smell indeed. But even Arko alone is a wonderful soap that works well paired with anything, and I'm in the camp that wishes the scent was stronger.

Top Bottom