What's new

Tabac OR Cella

Tabac OR Cella

• Tabac

• Cella

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tabac smells just great to me, in an old fashioned way. And I am a stick man, where Tabac shines even brighter. Unlike others it's 100g and of wide diameter so the surface it presents to your face when applying is bloody huge.
It just feels like real extravagance and is very much part of the pleasure of Tabac for me.

I have Cella in the red tub, Tabac in the bowl, stick and cream form. I will buy more Tabac in the bowl. I would buy another Tabac stick. I might buy another tube of Tabac cream. I wouldn't necessarily buy another red tub of Cella. I do need to get some Cella off the kilo block to try.

Yes I do understand that, but I believe forum will at least show me where to start with rather than going into a purchase without any clue of what I will be buying!
Given the outcome of the vote so far, I wonder if you are any the wiser than you were before this thread :wink2:

Given the outcome of the vote so far, I wonder if you are any the wiser than you were before this thread :wink2:

I don't think so! I guess the only way to makes myself wiser/smarter is to purchase both now :p, will be purchasing in a few hours after I settle my task for today.

They're both good and you wouldn't go wrong with either unless you have some sort of allergy to one of them, which is probably more likely with Cella. Even though Tabac costs more, it lasts at least twice as long, probably more like 3x as long (for me at least). So cost per shave is probably lower for Tabac if you're comparing to the red tub of Cella.

Is it a peculiar name in English?

It's the French word for Tobacco.

I can't vote on my phone, but my vote would be Cella. I also want to try both, and I have a faint memory of seeing my Dads dresser with a faint bottle of Tabac on top; so I'm curious whether or not it will stir up memories.

I've only made it as far a Cella. I'd suggest to start there. $10 isn't much more than a can of the old goo we used to use. It's good PIF materials if you don't end up loving it.

They are both iconic soaps and you should try both. To be honest I am done with both and neither one is a fav overhere but I would go for Cella first. I might be a minority but I do think Cella beats Tabac in performance and in scent, not by much but still.

When I shave with Cella I marvel at the amazing scent and copious lather. When I shave with Tabac, as I did last night, I splash on the AS and marvel at the best shave to date.

I love them both. Tabac is the better performer.

I've used both and far prefer the Tabac. I do not find its scent to be off putting as so many here joke about. Cella on the other had, had a sickly sweet maraschino cherry scent that did not work for me.

Try and smell some Tabac aftershave / deo / soap etc. If you don't mind or enjoy the smell, get tabac. If the smell reminds you of a nursing home, go for Cella.

Try and smell some Tabac aftershave / deo / soap etc. If you don't mind or enjoy the smell, get tabac. If the smell reminds you of a nursing home, go for Cella.

I did smell Tabac ASB before, but quite sometimes ago. I heard that the ASB smell is like 10x of the smell of the Shaving Soap?

Top Bottom