What's new

Paper Sources

I've seen quite a few Rhodia and Clairefountaine journals on Massdrop.

Staples er has some loose laser paper that is 32# 25% cotton that is super for fountain pens. It is in a yellow wrapper with purple accents. And if you sign up in the store they will send you coupons.

I used to pick up Oxford Activebooks when I was in the UK. They are little Orange polymer backed notebooks with really nice paper. These are my favorite notebooks of all time, but I haven't had the fortune of visiting there in a while. Time to make a trip...!!

Used my Black n' Red journal for my first meeting minutes today and it worked wonderful. My Conklin Durograph with J.Herbin ink didn't bleed through like it normally does on my cheaper journals. Very happy so far with the Black n' Red. I may have to pick up more of their stuff down the road.

I too picked up a couple of Black And Red notebooks today ... an 8 1/4 by 5 7/8 and two of the smaller ones 5 7/8 by 4 1/8. I used the larger one on my call earlier and no bleed either. Will use it again on my call at 2

The smaller ones, incidentally, were on sale at my local Office Max for $3. Usually priced $6.99. I grabbed two and figured if I don't use one of them I can PIF it.

My go to online source is Jetpens, great selection and prices. They're so close it usually comes to me the next day.

http://www.jetpens.com/Paper/ct/1320
Ha, you lucky dog. Of course, some people would say the same thing about me living so close to GouletPens, but to be honest, these days I find myself shopping at Jetpens more and more. And Jetpens has a free shipping offer, which Goulet unfortunately does not (and I don't buy his explanation for it in one of his recent Q&A videos, either...but it is his business and his choice, ultimately).

At least their shipping is flat-rate, so that takes some of the sting out of having to pay sales tax AND shipping.

Last edited:
Shipping between US states is the same rate as within the same state?
Sometimes. If it qualifies for Priority Flat Rate shipping from USPS it is, as long as it fits in a Priority box. Otherwise it depends on weight and distance I believe.

But some companies have flat rate shipping no matter the size of the box or where its going in the US.

I swung by a local Office Max and saw they had both the hardbound and spiral Red & Black binders. I picked up a small spiral (not on sale), and I saw the Cross fountain pen, but it was full price as well. I passed on the pen. The binder does hold up well to fountain pen ink, and I was able to write on both sides of the page last night.

I'm going to use this as my journal since the Clairefontaine notebooks I picked up are French ruled. Those are great for letter practice, but they make reading a bit of a challenge with all the lines.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I purchased at Office Depot today a 8 1/4 x 5 7/8 Black n' Red spiral notebook on sale for $3.00. I also picked up a smaller 4 x6 ( ?) Office Depot spiral notebook and it is also fountain pen friendly, no bleed through or feathering with several pens and inks I tried in it.

Office Depot/Office Max is being bought out by Staples. If the deal goes through, watch out for some store closings and possible clearance deals.

Top Bottom