What's new

Help Buying a Stick / Immersion blenders

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
After looking at some on line review it appears the standard max run time for a stick blender is 30 - 45 seconds then they need to rest for 4 minutes. The Bimix has a run time of 5 minutes before it needs to cool down. This may be more SWMBO proof for me.
There seams to be a common theme of motors giving up after 6 Months of use only.

I looked at the Breville and compared it to the Bamix. As this is just for home use I wanted to check spec and reliability.
The only thing that the Breville had over the Baxix was the price and the plastic on the base to stop scratching.
The Bemix offered different blade attachment which look good to me. The motor appears to be very reliable, this is a big plus for me.
Its stand also looks handy too. The price was the only thing holding me back.
Then I checked the few Breville items I have and they are designed in Australia but made in China. That was the deal breaker for me.

I just bought a Bamix Delux. Thanks guys for your help.

I am sure the Breville may have been fine but I kept getting drawn to the positive reviews on the Bamix. Some saying they are still going strong after 20 years of use.

Here is it in use by Gordan Ramsey. It is a clear push for the product but I was looking at the different uses and the attachments.
He talks a lot so I skipped most of the video just moving to the next thing he makes.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I've never used Breville's stick blender I can highly recommend them as a brand. I have a blender from them that I love. It's no vitamix but it's pretty darn rugged. 8 yrs old and still crushes ice like a dream. And their customer service is excellent! The base of the jar on my blender started leaking after about 5 years of use. I examining the issue and concluded I would need a new jar so I contacted Breville about how to get one that would match my base. They sent me a new one FREE OF CHARGE! On a 5 year old product. That still floors me today.

While I've never used Breville's stick blender I can highly recommend them as a brand. I have a blender from them that I love. It's no vitamix but it's pretty darn rugged. 8 yrs old and still crushes ice like a dream. And their customer service is excellent! The base of the jar on my blender started leaking after about 5 years of use. I examining the issue and concluded I would need a new jar so I contacted Breville about how to get one that would match my base. They sent me a new one FREE OF CHARGE! On a 5 year old product. That still floors me today.
I got a free replacement bowl for my Crock-pot that way. The first one developed a crack in it. It was just shy of a year old, but I had only used it twice in that time. When I went to use it the third time, there was that crack.

So I called them up and asked about buying a replacement of the stoneware bowl. Just the bowl. They said I was under warranty, and took my word for when I bought it. I didn't have to send them any receipts or anything. The new bowl arrived about 10 days later. And the cost for them to ship it from the factory was more than I paid for the whole device in the first place.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
That is some great customer service.
I have owned a few Breville items over the years and will buy from them again. All but one have lasted. The only one to fail early was a toaster, its thermostat control was way out.

Last edited:
I have the Cuisinart, and use the whisk a good bit. Its a good in-between for hand whisking and breaking out the stand mixer.

...I just bought a Bamix Delux. Thanks guys for your help...
Congrats! That blender seems to be the best value and very quiet as well. I would expect you will enjoy it for many many years.

I was given a Braun as a gift in Dec 1997 and it has been used almost weekly since then. We make soups, mayo, guacamole, sauces, milk shakes, mash potatoes, and the list goes on. One of the best and most used implements in my kitchen.
Mine came bare, without attachments.

I have looked and found mixed reviews on the kenwood. Some say the attachments don't hold together after only a few months and others have had the motor pack out in the same time................next.

This one is not cheap but looks good. Bamix

Chris, my mother found a Bamix at a boot sale here in the States for $3. I think the U.S. version runs upwards of $150 U.S. these days. She gave it to me and it works pretty well. I don't think it says Bamix on it but it is nearly identical to the model in the video. It is older and has a simple on/off rocker switch. Quality seems very good. I am quite happy for the price! I have used it to make bisque and soups that need pureeing. I would not attempt to do a lot heavy duty chopping type work with it on say, raw carrots. It is not meant for that. But pureeing cooked veg, mixing dessert type drinks, and beating eggs for large batches of scrambled eggs for church dinners is where it shines. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Congrats! That blender seems to be the best value and very quiet as well. I would expect you will enjoy it for many many years.

I was given a Braun as a gift in Dec 1997 and it has been used almost weekly since then. We make soups, mayo, guacamole, sauces, milk shakes, mash potatoes, and the list goes on. One of the best and most used implements in my kitchen.
Mine came bare, without attachments.
Thanks I'm looking forward to putting it to work.

Chris, my mother found a Bamix at a boot sale here in the States for $3. I think the U.S. version runs upwards of $150 U.S. these days. She gave it to me and it works pretty well. I don't think it says Bamix on it but it is nearly identical to the model in the video. It is older and has a simple on/off rocker switch. Quality seems very good. I am quite happy for the price! I have used it to make bisque and soups that need pureeing. I would not attempt to do a lot heavy duty chopping type work with it on say, raw carrots. It is not meant for that. But pureeing cooked veg, mixing dessert type drinks, and beating eggs for large batches of scrambled eggs for church dinners is where it shines. Hope this helps.
That sounds a well spent $3. I say a second hand one here for $80 it looked like it was from the 80's.

I stole the neighbors immersion blend and don't intend on giving it back.:laugh: I love it. It's a Kenwood. I don't know if that's good, bad or average. Don't rule it out using it for mashed potatoes.

Aaron, we don't condone theft here in the Mess Hall. A man could lose his hand for taking another man's biscuit! You'll have to send the blender to me so while I determine the appropriate consequence.

Top Bottom