What's new

Dream Pipes

I would have loved to get my hands on something like this. I've been wanting a meer and a tomato, 2 wants in 1 pipe! and i love the stem and the silver bands.

proxy.php

Figured that I would flip it up a bit today and post something for those who may have appeased that voracious lover, whom has subtly made herself known only as "PAD". Today we will take a look at the lowly and oft slighted assistant to the Piper.

First the bare essentials that have served faithfully and without fail for generations over.

$01_Czech.jpg$01_RoofNail.jpg

Next perhaps you require something with a bit more flair or uniqueness?

$01_Corkscrew.jpg$01_Spiketamper_Ming Kahuna.jpg

To Be Continued...

And lastly...

Those Tampers who would defy their master, the pipe, from which they derive life and purpose; and strive to steal the spotlight for themselves alone....

$01_DeerSkrimshaw.jpg$01_George_III_Carved_Fruitwood_Pipe_Tamper_all_3.jpg$01_SkullAntler_RuffWorks.jpg$01_NautilusFossil_Martin Romijn.jpg$01_Organic_Orel-Russia.jpg

You know...I have a couple "nice" tampers, but I find myself using the trusty ol' $1 pipe nail almost exclusively.

That said, that scrimshaw tamper is enough to make a sailor weak in the knees. :thumbup:

Just a quick submission today. Here's one for those whom enjoy a little color...

A collaboration piece between Brendan Pinkham (363 Pipes) & Tony Warner (Warner Pipes). This one's sure to get all of those color fanatics crazy with envy! It is quite a stunning piece...

363/Warner Colab. - Nebula Dublin

$0_363a.jpg$0_363b.jpg

Love that Nebula dublin. That may be the awesomest stem ever.

I may have had you in mind when posting... Maybe :thumbup1:

@langlois that Moretti is a looker! If that is a natural finish, which I think that it is, then the coloring will be fantastic. All of those crannies will be filled with bright natural briar and all of the outer bits will darken over time creating a neat effect as though light was emanating from within the briar. At least that's what I envision. Nice post

Last edited:
A bit under the weather today with some sinus drainage and sore throat. Days like today you just want a steady stream of warm tea and a good book to ride it out. Unfortunately I just finished tthe book I was reading over lunch and it's too hot to enjoy tea....

This does beg the question... What would be a perfect pipe to accompany a nice tea set? How about a ceramic pipe for today?

Jorn Micke - Royal Copenhagen Ceramic Pipes
Read more about the history of this pipe.

$0_MICKEa.jpg$0_mickeY.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that's a nice looking pipe, and I don't really care for ceramics.
I was thinking about the porcelain pipes from your pipe show vid when I stumbled across this one. I added a link in the pipe description above the picture if anyone is interested in reading. The pipe itself is for sale by its current owner. It would be an interesting piece of history and may prove to be a great smoke, although for roughly $230 US not including shipping or any fees such as PayPal, etc I'm not sure that having this particular piece of pipe history is appropriately priced. The pipe is from the later years of production and is of the highest grade that was produced and adjusted for inflation would cost roughly $125 US today.

Moving On...

Today's entrants are from a more contemporary maker. I have included 3 submissions from this maker today. 2 of similar styling because they're just such good lookers and a third that captivated my attention for perhaps almost opposite characteristics than the first 2.

Michael Lindner - Chubby Apple Straight Grain
$0_LindnerA.jpg

Michael Lindner - Chubby Apple Birdseye Grain
$0_LindnerA2.jpg

Michael Lindner - Canadian Sandblasted Extra Long
$0_Lindner.jpg

Here's my entry. No longer for sale, but I've had it saved on my favorites for some time...

$florov leaping fish.jpg

$florov leaping fish view 2.jpg

Maybe not the most practical smoker, but it is a functioning cavalier...

$florove fish broken down.jpg

@Price I really like the looks of that one. Reminiscent of a fish leaping from the water! Some pipes make your head hurt thinking about all of the angles at play in their construction... It also makes me wonder how that may affect their smoking characteristics. One day I will have satisfied my curiosity to the point of knowing by smoking experience or just breaking down and attempting something myself.

Been busy the last few days. Got a bit of a head cold that is messing with my mind! I decided to revisit a maker that was generously showcased by @Senshi Word is out that there are some fresh high quality Turkish Meershaum blocks to hit the American market and I'm sure those in the know are keeping ears up for any news. This recent event caused me to think of Andrew and his unicorn Meershaum by Walt Cannoy. The more that I read about Walt, the more I like his approach and products.

So a revisit to a different side of Walt, and to give an idea of what my head feels like when looking at ordinary objects due to this head cold.

Walt Cannoy - Suede Blast Fantasy Pipes

$0_Walta.jpg$0_Waltb.jpg

@Price I really like the looks of that one. Reminiscent of a fish leaping from the water!
Haha...it's actually called "Leaping Fish". :thumbup:

(And yes, those Walt Cannoy suedeblasts are awesome - currently tresiding near the top of my "want" list.)

Top Bottom