What's new

Dream Pipes

hmmm not at all the same but made me think of this one
View attachment 542438

My wife got me that one for Christmas. It's kinda tough smoking out of the pipe's butthole...if only she was a little prolapsed or something...

This! Wow. That's such a perfectly clean looking Billiard. Very Nice.

That's pretty cool as I grew up on and loved all of the Eastwood Westerns. I wonder if the original pipe is tucked away gathering dust somewhere or still providing enjoyable smokes.

Had to look this one up for, as you all know, I am pretty much a newb in this community. Grabbed a pic for others who may not be familiar with this artisan. Not the best looking pic that I found, but didn't want to flood with Bulldog/Rhodesian styles. For the lesser informed. Mr Cooke was the originator of this deep and unique blast now known as "Sand Carving". (Please - Those with experience correct me if I am wrong).

View attachment 542471

I love that stem!

Also, that lattice tomato in the first post is pretty darn cool.

So, I have to say, my favorites have been posted by B&B users who bought them already. I want to just copycat them.

MrSmith's Moretti morta bulldog (rhodesian? bullcap?)...
attachment.php

Rick Black has made a bunch that I like...I think someone posted one of these, maybe Senshi?
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

...as you can tell, I like colorful marbled stems.

Also, I like the Singleton Caveman.
proxy.php

proxy.php

I could probably buy one of those carve-your-own-pipe blanks, slap some stain on it, maybe trim it a little, and have something just like that Singleton.

I'm thinking on 2 right now, depending on how the job thing works out... a nice and fairly basic meer...

$spigot-meer.jpg

Plus having Mark Tinsky make a morta, not sure on the shape, so many look really amazing.. I like shorter wider bowls and chambers though...

$morta_tomato1.jpg

@oc_in_fw A little something for Owen

$0_tinsky-13.jpg

One thing that I was curious about is that I see a conical shaped bottom in the chamber of his pipes? Is that an optical illusion or can someone explain?

@captaincaveman
thanks for the kudos my new Moretti. That first Rick Black in blue is pretty nice.

@Micheal Halliday
No worries for derailing the thread. One thing I've learned from the BL is that sometimes the best threads are derailed (many times over).

@Commander Quan
Saw that speared fish prior to taking up the pipe. Still looks amazing!

@Shave_Rat
That Morta squash tomato is quite the looker! After spending some time on Tinsky's facebook, I am beginning to appreciate his work more and more.

And finally something a bit different:

Alexey Kharlamov - Zipper Pipe
$0_russia.jpg

And something a bit more refined:

Michael Parks - Roots and Leaves
$0_mp.jpg

Cooke's pipes look cool, but I have a bizarre tactile thing eith textures and would have a difficult time with that.

Ok, Derrick....:001_rolle So you don't want that pipe?

proxy.php

Second thanks sensei for the inro to Walt Conroy work. I share his thoughts on meerschaum availability. - I just want a classic, elegant pipe in this wonderful material, nothing as ornate as meerschaum pipes seem to tend. I have a nice little on with only slight decoration around the rim,mm considering another one.

I like some intricate pipes, but prefer the smooth classic shaped meers.

It's not common but some are drilled conically. I have two Ropp pipes that are.

This guy says that shape is perfect for fold-and-stuff Balkan flakes.
http://www.apassionforpipes.com/nei...-that-magic-fit-between-pipe-and-tobacco.html

Thanks for the read. It was thought provoking and PAD inducing (to a degree). The conical shape that I was referring to, however, was not the shape of the bowl, but a conical shape protruding up from the bottom of the bowl (as in a tiny volcano shape)? It is most likely an optical illusion, but I was curious none the less. Here is a crude pic to illustrate the "cone" shape that I noticed.

$0_tINKSY-CONE.jpg

I think that's a big ball bearing that he uses to help weigh down and stabilize the pipes while photographing them. You can see the same in Rad Davis' photos, who learned the craft from Mark.

I think that's a big ball bearing that he uses to help weigh down and stabilize the pipes while photographing them. You can see the same in Rad Davis' photos, who learned the craft from Mark.

Ahhh. The mysteries of pipe professionals revealed... One ball bearing at a time. Thanks for the info as I was terribly perplexed. My only thought was that perhaps he was shining a light through the stem to help illuminate the chamber and was causing a strange occurrence.

So for today's submission:

Wandi Riyadi - Engraved Nautilus

I first saw his work on Instagram, which besides email is about the only avenue by which to view his work and contact him. I saw this pipe a while back, which has found its way onto the bay from which these pictures have been "borrowed". I actually contacted Wandi about a custom pipe. He politely declined as he indicated that he does not take custom orders, but would let me know if he decided to make a pipe similar to the sketch I had sent him. If he makes the pipe I had sketched, then one of his pipes will surely find its way into my rotation.

For your viewing pleasure.
$0_1Da.jpg$0_1Db.jpg$0_1Dc.jpg

I thought that ball bearing is used to reflect light for when pictures are being taken to show the inside of the chamber. Multipurpose?

^^^
That is a beautiful thing...

Personally, I'd really like to have a blasted morta cherrywood/poker at some point. Tinskey's '13 Christmas pipe comes to mind...

Last edited:
Tuesday Submission.

They say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery. So for today a take on the speared fish.

Grant Batson - Speared TBF (Tortured Blow Fish)

$0_GB2.jpg$0_GB.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I think I like that better than the other one, and the other one was really cool.

Wow I never realized what pieces of art pipes were. It is amazing to look at what some of you guys own and what some have created. AMAZING! :thumbup:

Top Bottom