What's new

Dream Pipes

I was reading the newsletter from Smokingpipes today and saw a pipe that visually piqued my interest and thus I thought about starting this thread. All of the other forums have similar type threads where members post pictures of razors, brushes, etc. for the viewing pleasure of their fellow enthusiasts. I figured that I would start a pipe thread as well. So the rules are simple. Post pics of pipes that you find to be laudable in some form or fashion, state the maker if possible and perhaps why that pipe appeals to you. You do not have to own or even be able to purchase the pipe posted. This is for viewing pleasure only.

First up to kick things off and the pipe that inspired this thread.

Alexander Sokolik - Smooth Cello

I thought that the idea of a Cello or Violin plays well with the shape and form of a pipe. I think this pipe is well done in that regard, although perhaps not the "perfect" pipe, it is worth looking at and would make an admirable addition to any den.

$0_Cello.jpg

Next Entry: Konstantin Shekita - Lattice Tomato
I can't really fathom the time and trials that it took to produce this design. The effect is quite stunning and reminds me of woven leather. This is one pipe that I would love to own if money was no object.

$0_Tomato.jpg

Lastly for now. A grand piece to behold. A Zimmermann, Hofdrechsler, Munchen, Germany. A cheroot holder celebrating the coronation of King Ludwig II of Bavaria, Munich, Germany circa 1860's
This cheroot holder is delicate, precisely carved, and impeccable. It resides in an unlikely place. The British Science Museum in London. (Check out Tobacco Pipe Artistory for more rare; unique; and amazing pieces)

$0_cherut.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Here is the Morta that someone (or someones) here had made for me for Christmas. It is the same shape as the 2013 LE pipe- which I also own. I may do a few more in the same shape with different finishes, and maybe see if I can get him to do one in meerschaum.

Attachments

• $morta.jpg
    $morta.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 250

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I have one shape I am thinking about bringing up- a pipe that captures the shape of Jennifer Lopez' backside. Now how to figure out how to do that without Mark Tinsky thinking I am a weirdo.

Attachments

• $jennifer-lopez-5-step-booty-workout.jpg
    $jennifer-lopez-5-step-booty-workout.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
I'm with you.

A dream pipe would be a Walt Cannoy Meerschaum for me. His buttons look amazingly comfortable and I dig the simplicity of his pipes.

proxy.php

This! Wow. That's such a perfectly clean looking Billiard. Very Nice.

The one non-Tinsky pipe I want. Who doesn't like Lee van Cleef? http://altinokmeerschaumpipes.com/detail.asp?product_id=FP116

That's pretty cool as I grew up on and loved all of the Eastwood Westerns. I wonder if the original pipe is tucked away gathering dust somewhere or still providing enjoyable smokes.

Also, how could I forget. Anything by Jim Cooke. #drool

Had to look this one up for, as you all know, I am pretty much a newb in this community. Grabbed a pic for others who may not be familiar with this artisan. Not the best looking pic that I found, but didn't want to flood with Bulldog/Rhodesian styles. For the lesser informed. Mr Cooke was the originator of this deep and unique blast now known as "Sand Carving". (Please - Those with experience correct me if I am wrong).

$0_cooke.jpeg

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Cooke's pipes look cool, but I have a bizarre tactile thing eith textures and would have a difficult time with that.

I'm with you.

A dream pipe would be a Walt Cannoy Meerschaum for me. His buttons look amazingly comfortable and I dig the simplicity of his pipes.

First, apologies to the OP for taking a good idea and serious post into the gutter with my previous post 😁

Second thanks sensei for the inro to Walt Conroy work. I share his thoughts on meerschaum availability. - I just want a classic, elegant pipe in this wonderful material, nothing as ornate as meerschaum pipes seem to tend. I have a nice little on with only slight decoration around the rim,mm considering another one.

Top Bottom