What's new

Favorite Aristocrat?

Here are another nice Aristocrat Sets. No.19 "Gold"and No.20 "Rhodium" These are wrapped in PigSkin Leather. I Think is is the only time Gillette ever used PigSkin Wrapped Cases?

Attachments

• $DSC02032.jpg
    $DSC02032.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 270
  • $DSC02031.jpg
    $DSC02031.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 270
  • $DSC02044.jpg
    $DSC02044.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Those NEW Traveler #4 are so cool. Beautiful sets really. I'd love to get my hands on one of those, they're pretty rare though.
Last one I've seen went for €135 even with a mismatched razor. Now that I think about it, the price wasn't bad at all. I've seen the green bakelite sets going for much more, and these #4 are rarer.

Big congrats on a beautiful and rare set. [emoji106]

Here's a little better photo of the #4 alongside a #2 set.
$DSC_1719.jpg$DSC_1721.jpg$DSC_1724.jpg

Nice, I have never aquired an Aristocrat Traveler Set, Those are Sweet and i imagine hard to aquire sets, I did Manage to Aquire a No.4 Set , Which i Think is considered a Traveler as well, But not an Aristocrat.

Its the same razor as a No.77 just comes with some Baklite canisters and matching Blade Holders.

I now have a deep setted need for a #4 set!

I now have a deep setted need for a #4 set!

You and everyone else that has looked at this thread or collects British Aristocrats. Going to be expensive and competitive if we ever see these come up for sale! Ha. Whenever I see collections like these I kick myself for only getting into this hobby recently. Many of these were probably picked up many years ago at a fraction of the price they go for now. Most of them have also ended up in collections and will not be available for sale until the current owners family puts it in an estate sale 50 years from now. The cycle continues.

The photos on this thread are truly impressive!! I feel like a total outsider with just two, but my British #16 might be all I need - it's great.

Good news! the Ebay seller said he would refund me the price of the repair.

Now I just need my #21 replate from Chris to get here :w00t:

Thats good to hear, Now make sure you post it here on this thread, once you get it back and shiny. Lets keep this thread Alive.
Good news! the Ebay seller said he would refund me the price of the repair.

Now I just need my #21 replate from Chris to get here :w00t:

The #16 is unique in the Aristocrat series.

The weight and the balance sets it apart from all the others. The shave is the best I have experienced, ever.

I have to agree with this. The #16 is definitely the best Aristocrat when it comes to shave quality. Doesn't hurt that it is also is a pretty good looking razor as well.

So how do you guys like the #21 vs the #16?

The #16 is unique in the Aristocrat series.

The weight and the balance sets it apart from all the others. The shave is the best I have experienced, ever.

I have to agree with this. The #16 is definitely the best Aristocrat when it comes to shave quality. Doesn't hurt that it is also is a pretty good looking razor as well.

I know a TTO is a great shaver when it makes my NEWs, the R41 and other favorites wait for their turn. The #16 is that good.

It is indeed an impressive shaver, and a beautiful one too.

Top Bottom