What's new

Favorite Aristocrat?

What is your Favorite Aristocrat fellas? and why?

I have two on their way to me, a 47' gold American, and #21 British one. As well as a Shearton if those count, which I guess they don't.
The #21 is missing plating and on the bars is dented/bent so its on its way to Captain and then Chris.

A #15 sounds real nice to me

Post pictures!:thumbup1:

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

I'm a fan of the '46 model, which I own and am using now. Seems more efficient than my '48 model, which is a big bonus. :thumbup1:

Mike, the two first letters of our names are the same, but Doc's name is not Edgar. :lol:

I only have experience with two Aristocrats, the #66 and the #16.

I traded my #66 set several months ago, for a razor I really wanted, and just happens to be my favorite razor, hands down.
Haven't missed the #66 one bit, IMO it shaves just like a Rocket HD or a #58, I'm almost sure if the heads aren't the same, they are very similar at least. I'm not saying it's a bad shaver though ... plus, it's a beautiful razor.

The #16 OTOH, makes me rethink certain things I've said about TTO razors ... :lol: While the Popular is also a great shaver, and I was pleasantly surprised, it's not as impressive as the #16. This was the first TTO that truly impressed me.

$UK #16 Aristocrat.jpg

$SAM_0742.jpg
#15 Rhodium is my favorite. Besides just being pretty!! There is just something about the flat bottom that just make it shave better.

Last edited:
Hello all, here's a photo of my "Aristocracy". There is five 1946/47 US Aristocrats, one 1941 US Aristocrat, one 1934 US Aristocrat, two 1936 US Aristocrat Deluxes, one English #66 Aristocrat, and last but not least, one 1936 pre-#15 English Aristocrat. I've got a good start, but a long way to go. The Gillette Aristocrat is by far my favorite model of razor that I collect. Among them, the 1946/47 is my favorite. Here's the photo-
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421902430.935423.jpg

Hahaha the Shearton should be in my mail box by Friday, the 21 is on its way to me from Poland but straight to the captain, and my 46 should be here sometime soon.. i have yet to shave with any sadly.

Here is a nice Rare British Made Aristocrat Deluxe Christmas Set?

Came with a Velvet Burgundy Presentation Case Cover.

Attachments

• $$(KGrHqRHJBoE-dcbeDZUBPpooJZjCw~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqRHJBoE-dcbeDZUBPpooJZjCw~~60_57.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 702
  • $$(KGrHqRHJDgE-VPE4YobBPpooJ1if!~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqRHJDgE-VPE4YobBPpooJ1if!~~60_57.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 704
  • $$(KGrHqZHJBIE-eW3+,ZCBPpooOpHkw~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqZHJBIE-eW3+,ZCBPpooOpHkw~~60_57.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 706
  • $$(KGrHqZHJDgE-VFvJF3yBPpooUo-O!~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqZHJDgE-VFvJF3yBPpooUo-O!~~60_57.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 705
  • $$(KGrHqZHJEkE-jSyKcqpBPpooLWwzQ~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqZHJEkE-jSyKcqpBPpooLWwzQ~~60_57.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 701
I have a hard time choosing among them, but my favorite is the #16 because of the balance , weight and the shave... :001_smile
The US '34 and the British #15 are replated in rhodium, the #16 and #22 have the original rhodium plating.

US '34, British #15, #16 and #22

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom