What's new

The 3017 Martin de Candre Fest - It's Live!

Ruckin is in. I have no idea how long the soap will last. Based on how long that last little dregs of my RR classic is hanging on, it may last a long time. The only thing I can think of that would prevent me from 3017 is if it gets lost/broken or stolen from my luggage. I travel for work and will take it with me.

You should post a pic and note how many shaves/week you usually do. I'd love to see the progress after close to 3 months.
Well "officially" started 16th November with pic with a Plisson European White brass brush (pictured in the link). The brush size is - loft 56mm diameter 22mm. I've also used a M&F Chief or a Kent BK8, however, the Plisson has been used about 90 percent of my shaves so it really my main brush. The latest picture below does not quite show the concave dip in the soap from daily usage.

Below's pic is just after today's shave. I've used MdC daily since 16th November with the Plisson brush usually about 15 - 18 swirls. I get three lather rich passes. Not bad after three months daily use (I probably only missed about 5 or six days shaving).
As you can see, I transferred my brain bowl stash to a stoneware bowl and at the rate I'm using it, I'll probably top up this bowl in June or July methinks. I'm getting great value and performance from my MDC. There's your inspiration, gents.
$P1000582.jpg

Last edited:
Will your other soaps be throwing you a going away party? :laugh: Perhaps they need to be put in cryogenic slumber.

They normally are sleeping as peacefully as the guys in stasis on the Discovery from 2001: A Space Odyssey :eek:. They won't notice.

Well "officially" started 16th November with pic with a Plisson European White brass brush (pictured in the link). The brush size is - loft 56mm diameter 22mm. I've also used a M&F Chief or a Kent BK8, however, the Plisson has been used about 90 percent of my shaves so it really my main brush. The latest picture below does not quite show the concave dip in the soap from daily usage.

Below's pic is just after today's shave. I've used MdC daily since 16th November with the Plisson brush usually about 15 - 18 swirls. I get three lather rich passes. Not bad after three months daily use (I probably only missed about 5 or six days shaving).
As you can see, I transferred my brain bowl stash to a stoneware bowl and at the rate I'm using it, I'll probably top up this bowl in June or July methinks. I'm getting great value and performance from my MDC. There's your inspiration, gents.

I was going to kick off the fest with my Plisson in European White. If I were particularly devoted, I could break out the Cade ASB, but I think the DR Harris AS Milk I've been using would get a bit upset.

Can I join even though its not a new jar?

Definitely.

While waiting for the snowstorm to hit, I almost took the jar down from the stasis pod and moved it into position. This is like trying to go to sleep on Christmas Eve.

This will be my first go around with MdC.... any suggestions?.... Probably use both a 2 band and 3 band D01 knot

strop

Now half as wise
It's ready to go! I've never used it before! This was a souvenir from our last vacation, and will bring back many good memories.

Top Bottom