What's new

The 3017 Martin de Candre Fest - It's Live!

I had a brain bowl last year. After a couple of months of daily use, I barely put a dent in it. I think a year could be easily attained with it.

I'm in. I have a small sample of the original and the fougere so I will use those for now. I'll be pulling the plug on a full jar early February, I'm just trying to figure out which scent I like best. They are both excellent 😕

Since I took up wet shaving some time ago, I have seldom used the same soap or cream 2 days in a row, much less from beginning to end. I could never commit to this, you don't think that using the same soap, especially a jar the size of MdC, would be boring used day after day after day after day.......?

Since I took up wet shaving some time ago, I have seldom used the same soap or cream 2 days in a row, much less from beginning to end. I could never commit to this, you don't think that using the same soap, especially a jar the size of MdC, would be boring used day after day after day after day.......?

For me, I like change as well. This will give me a chance to really dial in to perfection one great product. Plus MdC is an awesome scent and performs great so I don't think I'll mind using it.

Plus I'm going to make it a personal challenge and reward myself if I can complete it, just like I did after completing the 2014 Year of Gentlemanly Shenanigans. :)

Cheers,

M.

If you're toying with the idea, I suggest you try it for a week and see how it goes.

Not a chance, there is far too much in my arsenal to ignore for the use of just one soap for however long it takes to , I choose the soap or cream daily, a spur of the moment decision!

Looks like I'm the first to comment.....

Youse guys are right this is a thirsty soap. Lather was okay, and shave was okay. We shall see how this progresses, but as of 1 shave....give me back my SCS

And we're off!

$image.jpg

My shave with it was similar to Brian's. I did a 20 second load, and spent a couple of minutes adding water and face lathering. It's thirsty. Lather was slick and smelled fantastic, but there is some dialing in to do. I will also point out that Plisson European White knots are on the scritchy side.

Last edited:
I went back and forth on this one, and finally decided to join y'all.

I'm in the 2015 annual restraint, so I figure to be using the same soaps for a long time this year, and I thought this would be a good way to stick to MdC Fougere till it is gone. I have a handful of shaves (maybe 3 or 4) on the 200g jar.

I can get by with a 15 second load, but I like 30 to build a good lather. I then added some water after 30 and 60 seconds, and lathered a total of 2.5 minutes in a bowl with great results! Great smell too, especially paired with Country Club for Men Classic Fougere aftershave.

No two soaps are the same.
Some people like variation and some stick to a (winning) set formula. Each to their own. I'm glad we're all different.
In the morning I'm usually on automatic when it comes to shaving. Once I know how a specific soap lathers up, I'm happy to keep using it. However, once in a while I do get bored but not often.

Best of luck to the brave warriors. I just received a jar of Fooger to work through, but my brain bowl is still a heaping mound after 1.5 years of off and on use.

Maybe after I finish a puck of AOS Sandalwood... And after I take down the brain bowl... Yeah, this isn't going to happen while I'm still youngish.

First shave in the bag for an ounce of MdC scented. Used a Semogue 1305 with a light load that had just enough for three passes. Added a lot of water and and agree with prior comments about MdC being thirsty. The scent is strong. I like it, perhaps a little more medicinal than expected. Great, close shave. Post shave feel is very good. I understand why many rave about this soap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom