What's new

Truefitt and Hill Sandalwood

Hey All!

So I recently picked up a tub of Sandalwood shave creme from T&H here in Toronto. Used it last night and I'm pretty shocked. I wet my brush per normal (Ch2 2band), shook it out and did the "dip and quarter twist". Face lathered and had enough for three passes, my whole head, and still some left over!

Scent was great. Lather was super cushioning and my head and face feel smoother today than normal after 24hrs.

Although it was a bit more than I thought (website was in USA and store was priced in CAD) if the creme keeps performing like this it will definitely be worth it.

Anyone else use T&H creme?

Cheers

M.

I have some T&H Ultimate Comfort cream, and although I haven't used it in several years, I remember it as an excellent performer.

Likewise, I got one of their sampler packs with the creams, ASBs, and colognes, and all the creams that I used gave very good shaves.

Matt, thanks for sharing!
I've enjoyed T&H sandalwood when traveling, got a bundle of the sample packets.
Why were you so shocked?

$truefitt hill sandalwood gillette flexball art of shaving november 20 2014.jpg

Matt, thanks for sharing!
I've enjoyed T&H sandalwood when traveling, got a bundle of the sample packets.
Why were you so shocked?

Mostly shocked cause I don't see T&H cremes talked about a lot on here. That and the amount of lather produced by what I felt like was a minimal amount of creme. I've used TOBS and GFT and a few other cremes but none come close to what the T&H gave me, either in terms of amount, feel during shave and feel 24hrs after.

Cheers

M.

I fully agree. T&H creams, along with a few other top tier creams, don't get a lot of love, in part due to price tag. But they deliver and are pretty concentrated.

I picked up 1805 and Trafalgar creams last weekend and have tried them over the past two days. I concur great scent and awesome lather! I am also surprised they are not talked about more on this forum.

jc

I picked up the sampler a few years ago, and remember the Sandalwood performed very well (As well as the Almond, 1805, and Ultimate Comfort). I probably won't buy a tub due to the price, but it does sound like the performance justifies it.

Used the creme again last night (I shave every other day) and I used about 1/2 the amount from the first shave. While I had enough creme for all the passes and some left over the lather didn't feel as slick or cushioning on my face. I think moving forward I'll just stick with having extra lather since it feels so nice and smells so good. I'm still ahead compared to where I would be if I was still using the Mach whatever and canned goo. :)

Cheers.

M.

I have the trafalgar and sandalwood. They produce so much lather it's crazy, I try to only use them for when i go out though. Both scents are great, but the sandalwood is amazing.

I picked up a tub of the Trafalgar cream just before Christmas and have been amazed by the quantity and quality of the lather and really impressed with the scent. Will definitely be trying some of the others.

T&H is good stuff. I'm currently working through a tub of 1805. It's my top choice of any cream I've ever tried and has been my daily go-to for a couple years now.

Mostly shocked cause I don't see T&H cremes talked about a lot on here.

It seems to me T&H is one of the most talked-about cream brands on this forum, but since I'm one of the ones doing the talking, maybe my perspective is skewed.

While I like T&H shaving creams in general, I'm no fan of the sandalwood. I've written a pretty scathing review on it already, so I won't repeat myself here, except to note that the brush I used with it ONE time, over a month ago, and have used several times since with multiple other creams, STILL smelled like the T&H when I used it again today. Evidently I'm going to have to break out the white vinegar and soak that sucker. I've never witnessed another shaving cream with that kind of ability to penetrate and stick around. I'm regretting I ever used it.

I used my T&H Ultimate Comfort this AM for the first time in months. Lots of cushion and piles of lather.
I forgot just how good it is.

T&H is great cream. Glad you like it. I use the 1805 and I am not a sandalwood fan, but all their products lather easily and shave and smell great.

I use only T&H. I have Trafalgar, 1805, Grafton, and Lime tubs in a row and go down the line each day for a 4 and 3 a week rotation. I would get the Sandalwood to add to my line-up because it's quite a nice scent, but sadly they don't have Sandalwood in the facebalm or cologne.

I would get the Sandalwood to add to my line-up because it's quite a nice scent, but sadly they don't have Sandalwood in the facebalm or cologne.

Lucky for you, the Sandalwood scent comes in a complete product range, which includes shaving cream, shaving soap, aftershave balm, cologne, bath soap, and shower gel. That's one thing I'll say for T&H: they do an excellent job of representing their fragrances in complete lines that are consistent in scent across all products in the range.

Top Bottom