What's new

Lime Wars:

To the original post about CF vs TOBS, I think it is an easy choice if you aren't worried about price. Of course TOBS is a nice scent but it is really going to have dependable and good performance. I have some Lavender CF and it performs nice as well. I have only used it like twice. But I have smelled the Lime CF plenty and it always is a nose opener and obviously smells of citrus. It is very generous with the lime.

The other lime scented products I prefer and get good results some are soaps. My best performing lime soap is Mike's Lime and that gives solid lather, great post shave and the scent strength is great. One of my favorite scented lime soaps is Traditional Line from Tcheon Fung Sing. It is like a spicy and sweet lime. It is not your average scented citrus but I really like it a lot.

I've heard that Castle Forbes lime smells like candy lime. That doesn't sound appealing to me.

CF is intensely scented only with lime essential oil. It's fresh and bracing, but I wouldn't describe it as candy-like. It's about as natural as it gets. (Although the defunct Coate's lime gave it a run for its money.)

The Trumper is good, but I still vote for the CF. The Trumper, while refreshing in its own right, has always smelled a bit on the synthetic side to my nose.

Now, the Trumper Limes cologne or a/s splash...that's a sublimity of a whole other color (literally).

Last edited:
Top Bottom