What's new

Ebay catch.

Hi guys, i receive my pipe lots today and i tough i could share with you.
It contain 14 pipes, from different maker.
10x Blatter Bros from Montréal, 1x Peterson, 1x Hilson, 1xKirsten, 1xGigi.

$IMAG0312.jpg

I was looking to buy a Blatters pipe and i found this lot, i win the bid at 50$usd.
I will try to restore them one by one, starting with those.

$IMAG0313.jpg
$IMAG0315.jpg
$IMAG0321.jpg$IMAG0322.jpg

Last edited:
$IMAG0328.jpg$IMAG0327.jpg$IMAG0325.jpg

Attachments

• $IMAG0316.jpg
    $IMAG0316.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 233
  • $IMAG0317.jpg
    $IMAG0317.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Ok dibs, if you want to sell any of them lemme know. Those are beautiful as is! I'd ream them and smoke away.

Thats a great haul, I cant beleive the price that you paid. I had a quick look at the 'bay the other day and all pipes seamed to be going for a fair bit and for one.
Enjoy and have fun restoring them.

The pipe lots was on the collectible/card section of the Bay, it was real luck that i found those.

A super score! How did I miss this one? You did very well on this aquisition. These look like they are going to clean up nicely. Can't wait to see the after pics. I am jealous.

The only disappointment is the last picture the big Blatter rusticated it have a little tooth hole in the stem .
Is there anything i can do?

I am no pipe guy, but those look very, very nice. 14 pipes for $3.57 each HAS to be a fanastic deal. Glad to see your dilgence rewarded.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
The only disappointment is the last picture the big Blatter rusticated it have a little tooth hole in the stem .

You can put a softy over it. Other than that, there's not too much that can be done other than cut the stem and reshape the button, or have a new stem made.

The pipe lots was on the collectible/card section of the Bay, it was real luck that i found those.
That's the best way to score big on eBay, buy stuff that is miscategorized, mislabeled, or sold by someone who has no idea what they're selling and doesn't describe it well. Crafting the best search queries is both an art and a science.

Also, pipes seem to work out really well in lots.

Got a photo of the hole?

I have a stem that's been thoroughly bitten through on a pipe that came in a lot. I'm either going to cut it off and re-form the button or try to melt and re-form the entire end to preserve as much length as possible. The former seems much more realistic than the latter.

http://rebornpipes.com/2014/12/21/cutting-back-a-broken-stem-rescuing-a-potential-cast-off/
http://rebornpipes.com/2012/06/09/lifting-tooth-marks-from-a-lucite-stem-with-a-heat-gun-3-2/
http://rebornpipes.com/2012/06/09/lifting-tooth-marks-in-an-old-charatan-stem-with-a-heat-gun-4-2/

That's pretty bad, though definitely not as bad as mine. I wonder if it's possible to patch. Come to think of it, I wonder if it's possible to patch mine too. Vulcanite responds to heat very well as I understand, so it might be easy to weld in a patch...just gotta acquire a donor. I can't say I've heard of anyone doing it but I like to experiment.

eBay provides occasional lots of stems, and of course single stems (new ones go for $5-8 shipped BIN), but perhaps the most cost-effective material donor for a patch would be to buy an absolute piece of crap pipe with a ruined bowl and beat-up stem, which might go for less than even a single stem. Ok maybe this is getting ridiculous and you should just cut it and re-form the button with heat, as I was planning for mine...

Man, the cutaway view of the inside is gross.

Alpster offer me to restem it, I will accept is offer. That pipe look Badass I would love to smoke it.

That's my favorite pipe of yours. Well done! You got yourself a nice little collection just off that one score. Thanks for taking the time to take and post pictures for all of us!

Top Bottom