What's new

No More Cheating, On My Chin.

Saturday night shave was #44.

I have been sporting a Fu Man Chu, since Movember, and, my kids want me to keep it, so, I have Not learned to shave my upper lip yet.

I have been having the hardest time with my chin. I have a "butt" chin, and, I have been "cleaning up" with my 39C, in that area. Well, Sat night I Zapped myself Good, on my chin! I have not nicked myself, yet, with SR, like I nicked myself, in the beginning, with DE.

Last night, shave #45, I left that area alone.

Tonight, my wife and daughter popped in to talk about the movie they saw, and they both said "you nicked yourself?"....And, I had to explain that it wasn't the SR.....

So, I put on my reading glasses :w00t:, and with short and chopping strokes I really went at my chin area. I applied the lather with my fingers, stretched where I could, and went in all directions. It reminded me of when I first really got the area of my upper lip where it meets my nose........I was working that area more by feel than sight....And, the results were the best they've been, so far.

Anyway, No More DE......I can do a DFS with the SR, AND, I know I won't nick myself as bad. :laugh:

Any suggestions are Very Welcome.....Thank You.

Because of my cleft chin, I sometimes use two hands on the blade when shaving ATG. I also use two hands on the blade when I go ATG under my nose.

Dools:
Sounds like great progress to me, I wear a stash and goatee so I can't give any advice but #46 was a success, congrats!

Because of my cleft chin, I sometimes use two hands on the blade when shaving ATG. I also use two hands on the blade when I go ATG under my nose.

I do this as well. Perhaps in time I will have enough confidence in my stroke to approach the chin one handed, but above the lip is a totally different story. If I get a skip, the nose will stop the blade edge first. No thank you. I have gone XTG on the upper lip to some extent, but ATG is always two handed.

Not to get into the bottom-less pit of angle discussion, but,.....I had to remember that I didn't keep a constant angle, even with DE.

Some Very Short "chops" have helped in those small areas that are So problematic.

Anywhoooo, I am enjoying this journey!

Just an update, I am finding that laying the SR blade in the crevasse/cleft/crack of my chin, and working my way out, is Far more effective and less damaging with a straight.

Putting the DE down, and really chopping away at the bulbous areas of my chin has given me Great results. A steeper angle still is working in this area, with very short strokes. It is time consuming, but, I am Chasing The Dragon, once, again. :w00t:

That two-handed thing looks like it works Great for the ones using it (on the vids I've seen), but I haven't got it to work for me,... yet.

I think I really needed to just go for it, and take my hard knocks......The short strokes keep me from making Bigger mistakes, I think...

Top Bottom