OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'm in want of a new pair of work boots. My company requires the following:

6" minimum
Leather
Safety toe
Oil resistant sole
Slip resistant sole

Boots with laces give me the best fit, but I want to take them off and put them back on faster than what laces allow. Pull on boots usually give me a very loose fit in the heel, which I find very annoying. I have narrow feet, so need something that cinches a bit.

I thought these Chippewa rally boots would be perfect, but the price is a but steep and I don't think they have a safety toe.

Anyway, does anyone know of a boot similar to the one in the link?

$Chippewa_Twin_Buckle_Rally_Black_Leather_Motorcylce_Boot_-_27862.gif

Blundstone safety boots. They're pullons but they fit snug. I've had mine 3 years and love them.

Last edited:
Does your company contribute any money toward your footwear? My old company required safety toes as well, and contributed $100 towards the shoe. Now that I don't work there anymore, my work boot supply is dried up.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Does your company contribute any money toward your footwear? My old company required safety toes as well, and contributed $100 towards the shoe. Now that I don't work there anymore, my work boot supply is dried up.

Not exactly. They buy them and offer them at a pretty decent discount for the first pair. However, the choice is "take it or leave it". After one year and each year after they offer a free pair and I am told there are more choices, including some pull-on types.

I don't want to wait until October and since I'm in and out of mud all the time and don't want to track it into the living quarters of my truck I want something that can be removed and put on quickly.

You can buy zippers that you simply lace into the boot. We used these in the service for the same reason- on and off quickly.
$A1153.jpg

I'll throw my suggestions in,

Wesco
White's
Nick's
Drew's

All can be ordered and sized thru Baker's Shoes. I've ordered 4 pair of MTO White's for myself and 1 MTO pair of White's for my wife thru Kyle Baker and I highly recommend his service.

I like Rocky boots. They're not made in the US which is a bummer, but they're pretty affordable and they might fit you pretty well for narrow feet. If you wear a size 12 and want to pay shipping, I can send you a pair of boots to try on that ended up being too big for me.

How about this... May I ask what line of work you are in and the level of ruggedness that's required from your boots? Are you an office employee who occasionally ventures out into an industrial environment? Are you employed on the shop floor? Are you often out in the field? Do you have high/low risk of foot injuries in your line of work? There are many boots that could be suggested that would be suited for various lines of work. Some boots out there are overkill and some might not be enough depending on what you do.

For instance, if I was to leave my office to go out in the field wearing those Chippewas you posted, I'd be "booted" off site in a heart beat as they are no where close to having the safety requirements (if any?) in my line and a lot of lines of work where safety footwear is required. No matter if it's only on occasion or all day.

This is tough because you have a hard time finding a fit for your feet, but maybe you could shed some more light for us, to help you better.

Last edited:
I like Rocky boots. They're not made in the US which is a bummer, but they're pretty affordable and they might fit you pretty well for narrow feet. If you wear a size 12 and want to pay shipping, I can send you a pair of boots to try on that ended up being too big for me.

Do you have a link to rocky boots not being made in US?
I have some issued Rocky boots and they are made in US, or at least says they are.

Different boot models are made all over the place. You can get non USA Red Wing boots at the local farm store. And their Irish Setter brand stuff is all made overseas if I'm not mistaken.

Legion

Staff member
I will Second Blundstone Safety boots. Seven years on plant site.
Johnny

I have bundstones as well, among others. Most Aussies who wear safety boots go for the elastic sided ones. Quick and simple, just like our tradesmen. :laugh:

All of the ones that I tried did not fit me very well. I like the concept though.

There are many other brands that are similar, though I'm not sure which ones are imported to the US. Redback is a brand I have used a lot.

http://www.redbackboots.com

I had a pair of Mongrel boots that lasted well and were comfy...

http://www.mongrelboots.com.au/index.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom