What's new

Feather Work

Change over on a feather to horn scales, the only difference is the pivot hole on the feather is big, I used 3 tubes that fit into each other and was able to fit them perfectly into the existing pivot hole.

Honey horn scales, with bone wedge

Those are beautiful, you do such nice work. The way I dealt with the big pivot hole on my RG, was I used the stock hardware from the feather scales. Used a Forstner bit to countersink the screw heads.

The wedge looks less tapered than yours usually do. Is this just the angle of the photos or was this so the pivot end of the scales would line up with the razor's pivot better? (it looks like it isn't tapered the way that a straight's tang usually is)

Those are beautiful, you do such nice work. The way I dealt with the big pivot hole on my RG, was I used the stock hardware from the feather scales. Used a Forstner bit to countersink the screw heads.

Thank you, I did go back and forth on using the original hardware, decided on regular pivot instead.

Those are really nice as well

That honey horn is beautiful
It is, nice contrast
The wedge looks less tapered than yours usually do. Is this just the angle of the photos or was this so the pivot end of the scales would line up with the razor's pivot better? (it looks like it isn't tapered the way that a straight's tang usually is)
The feather tang is not tapered as a regular straight, the wedge is tapered enough to allow some tension on the pivot pin to keep the blade up.

Top Bottom