What's new

CON-20 Converter Issue

I'm at work so I'll have to post pictures later, however, one of my CON-20 converts has the sack "crushed" and is no longer keeping it's shape. I tried to blow air using the squeeze bulb to re-inflate to no avail. Obviously it's not holding as much ink as before so is there a trick to bring it back to life or is it toast?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I think you'll need to purchase a new one. Just for the curious, what brand of ink were you using?

You may want to consider the CON-50

I think you'll need to purchase a new one. Just for the curious, what brand of ink were you using?

You may want to consider the CON-50

This was 1980's vintage Quink Permanent Black. However, I was not flushing this as often (as in never) as I should so probably that had a lot to do with it. I like the simplicitiy of the CON-20 so I may order one of each.

I was afraid of that.

I watch the Goulet videos and Brian is big on regular (as in often) pen flushing. The cynic in me thinks that it's so we'll use more product causing us to buy more. This got me wondering the question in the Title.

Anybody know?

Possible... How old is the converter in question? The rubber could just be dry from age.

I need to flush some pens that have been in normal rotation. I've used the same ink for many fills. I tend to notice after a few slow starts on my super wet Pelikans and my VP that I use for work. I've gone through at least a whole box of cartridges in without a problem but it is in need of a flush.

Last edited:
Top Bottom