What's new

Help with Parker 31R shavete

Hello guys!
I was gifted today with a Parker 31R shavette. As soon as I opened it, I noticed that the ink (?) for the most part had washed into the razor itself and that it has a large number of scratches and imperfections and some marks that seem like machining flaws, especially near the edges of the top cap and next to the razor's edge.
I ask thee, owners of the aforementioned razor (I believe it's called SR1 as well), is this normal or has my generous friend bought a used razor as new?
I'll refrain from naming the vendor for the time being just in case this thing is indeed normal.
Thank you all for your time!

Edit: Here are some crappy pics from my cell:
Edit #2: Added somewhat better pictures:

$DSC007701.jpg$DSC007732.jpg

Last edited:
Mine was rough when I got it too. The edges of the blade holder had a lot of scratches on the outside of it.
I use the old blade to scrape the perimeter to 'smooth' it out a little and, now, over time it's a lot smoother.

I can't tell from your pictures though if there are scratches on the inside of the holder... Those I don't htink I had - nor could I understand how one would cause those scratches in the first place.

Mine was rough when I got it too. The edges of the blade holder had a lot of scratches on the outside of it.
I use the old blade to scrape the perimeter to 'smooth' it out a little and, now, over time it's a lot smoother.

I can't tell from your pictures though if there are scratches on the inside of the holder... Those I don't htink I had - nor could I understand how one would cause those scratches in the first place.

Yeah, on the inside there are some large scratches, almost mirroring each other between the two parts.

I think, due to the way the SR1 holds a blade, it would be hard to load a blade without scratching the inside of the mechanism. I am guessing that even testing would cause this. The only one I have owned was new from a retailer. I don't remember being disappointed with the appearance or workmanship.

It isn't shown very well in the pics, the scratches are everywhere. I didn't expect it to be perfect, but man it's like it was someone's job to make it like this.

Top Bottom