What's new

Shave stick. what to try first?

Two of the three I've tried are La Toja and Speick, and I will join the chorus there.
I also like La Toja's sibling, LEA. I think it's underrated. It's a straightforward soap with lanolin and glycerin, with a very mild inoffensive aroma. It comes in a useful case too (something I wish Speick had).

I own but have not yet tried Wilkinson.

If you happen to be in Manhattan, Pasteurs carries every name mentioned except for Tabac (or at least I couldn't find it). I went a little crazy the last time I was there and bought one of almost every stick I could find. The exception was the Ogallala soaps. Nothing against them, and I've tried their pucks. I was on the hunt for harder to find quarry.

I think I may go and get a small travel size deodorant at the local pharmacy for $1 and throw out the deodorant and use the plastic case for my shaving stick. I'll cram the Arko stick in there and not have to worry about throwing it in my travel bag, or getting strange looks at TSA gate. I think that it would be perfect for traveling and would work very well. Anyone ever try it. I tried to use the link to making your own shave stick earlier in the thread, but link was bad.

Arko and Palmolive are two good ones that I tried. I've also enjoyed just taking a soap puck and rubbing it on my beard, that also works great especially if the puck is hard to lather. Using it like a stick seems to help it out.

Top Bottom