What's new

8/8 DD GoldEdge

Never thought I'd ever get the chance to own one of these. It is crazy hollow for as big as it is. Needs a little cleanup and to be honed. The scales are pretty straight but the pivot pin is loose.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421547096.357287.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421547107.505960.jpg
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421547118.556985.jpg

I once had a 8/8 dublduck that I bought with a pretty sizable chip. I honed it out and it became a 7/8. Still an unbelievable shave. But I sold it...bad, bad, bad mistake.

Nice score.

And yes, DD are very thin ground in general (obviously excepting razors like the wedge). You should see a WonderEdge, probably the thinnest ground razors I've ever seen. They make for very sharp razors.

And there's that NOS one that was supposedly 9/8 on ebay that didn't sell (meet the reserve) even though it hit $1000USD

Sorry for necro-ing this thread, but came across this post. I'm pretty sure i eventually purchased this one. Still got it, mint. It's never been used, no rust, and has all gold and etching. Between mint and NOS condition. Afraid to hone or shave with it, but every once in a while i pull it out of its box and admire it... By far (far, far) my favorite blade. :)

Top Bottom