What's new

Here . . . we . . . GO

Decided to take the plunge . . . I just ordered a Ralf Aust 5/8 razor from SRD, and started the process to purchase a "Poor Man's Strop" from Whipped Dog. Obviously, there is going to be some video viewing in my future, but I figured why not start the learning curve sooner, rather than later?

Last edited:
That's great! I also started with a Ralf Aust 5/8 from SRD, and it's a terrific shaver. Best of luck, and don't be afraid to ask all your questions! :)

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Way to go and a warm welcome to starting the journey. Beyond videos, start reading a bunch of journals. Most contain some really good information on the joys and setbacks you might encounter.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Already following yours . . .
As Mr. T says ....
proxy.php

:lol:

Probably by the end of the month, I have to let SWMBO know about this purchase first. After that, it will be easier to explain a SECOND showing up. I plan to show her a couple of the "oops" threads to explain why I need a "spare".

A Ralph Aust and a possible PRC. The opportunity to try out different blade grinds and see which one best suits your shaving style. "Go For It" :thumbup:

Last edited:
A Ralph Aust and a possible PRC. The opportunity to try out different bland grinds and see which one best suits your shaving style. "Go For It" :thumbup:

Well, if by "bland" you mean that they will be easier for a new user to adapt to, GREAT. I think that would be a plus. If not, please enlighten me.

Oh, okay. In that case, YES. That is something I had not considered, to be honest. I assume you are talking about the difference between the "hollowness" used by each manufacturer being different?

Orville:
It's great to welcome another brother from up north, a great way to start the new year. Can't wait to hear what your second razor choice will be.

Top Bottom