What's new

Irish whisky fans: Midleton, the guys who make Redbreast

I think Green Spot is quite good, better than Redbrest 12 IMO. Haven't tried the Yellow but also haven't seen it

I hadn't realized yellow spot has made it over here yet, thought it was only green spot.

Green spot is good, I'd compare it to an $80 bottle of scotch. Good, developed flavor and nicely smooth. Is it worth $55...that's up to you. Certainly better than the multitude of bourbons starting up and being released at $50.

I've tried Yellow Spot. No, I don't think it's stateside yet, buy I had an inside source :thumbup1:

And it's a fantastic whisky. I'm going to assume it's the malaga casks, since something called "malaga" has to be awesome.

My experience is that green spot doesn't measure up to Redbreast. Not the depth of flavor, and a fairly strong astringent aftertaste. It disappointed me.

I have a bottle of Green Spot and saw three bottles of Yellow Spot on the shelf last weekend. I prefer Green Spot to Red Breast. It is sweeter and easier drinking for me. I would love to try Yellow Spot. It is reviewed very well. The price point ($100) will most likely keep me from owning.

I've had all the above, and I think yellow spot is by far the best. Middleton very rare is just too plain to justify the extremely high price.

Top Bottom