What's new

How many people in the BL still shave regularly?

Do you still shave since becoming active in the Brown Leaf?

• Regularly

• Occasionally

• Never

• What's wet shaving?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I go between as much of a full beard as I can grow (the sides are little weak) and a goatee type thing where I'll keep the sides shaved. Right now I'm in a full beard mode, but I got some Mitchell's Wool Fat for Christmas that I'm dying to try out.

Looking at the results I see our lurkers are shavers. And more people need to start posting here

I've been about and away from the pipes for a while due to what I thought was strep but turned out to be flu and then a stomach virus just as soon as I recovered from that. But anyway, my point being, I looked through the last couple pages of the picture thread and I didn't even recognize you without the 'stache.

Uncle Sam says I shave every day, so I shave every day. During my two weeks of leave recently I managed a pretty legit moustache/goatee thing, which my wife really seemed to like, so I think I know the look I'm going to once I retire.

I was in that boat for four years and my current employer (still Uncle Sam just in the CivDiv) requires a clean mug. Even if it wasn't required I'd still be a daily shaver. It's as enjoyable as smoking, but I can do it in the house.

Uncle Sam says I shave every day, so I shave every day. During my two weeks of leave recently I managed a pretty legit moustache/goatee thing, which my wife really seemed to like, so I think I know the look I'm going to once I retire.

Can't imagine Chipper Jones with a 'stache...

For the record, I try and shave 2-3 times a week, sometimes it's more, sometimes it less.

For many years, I would let my beard grow out in the wintermonths and shave it off completely in March. Last year I decided I liked the beard to such an extent that shaving it off was no longer an option. I now have a full beard allong with handlebar mustache, which gets somewhat regular attention at a barbershop.
I do shave my head allong with the neck- and cheecklines two to three times a week. Usually an Edwin Jagger DE89 loaded with Astra SP blades and some MWF in a Semogue Badger brush.

I still enjoy a pipe every day, and
i shave at least 5 times a week.
i have enough tobacco to last me
10 years, so all my AD is shaving
related.

I chose regularly because I shave once a week whether I need it or not.

Seriously, I'm transitioning over to a straight razor from a DE. I alternate between the two and between SR shaves I allow an extra day or two to fully heal.

This is my first post on the BL forum so I suppose I should say Hi to all of you.

work required shaving as well. I miss a day here and there, but most every weekday. I have any AD though, just need to keep tobac in stock. Other than that,I am good.

D

dwLost

Why would you stop shaving because your smoking a pipe or cigar. I think a better way to phrase the question might have been, since you started spending money on pipes has your shaving purchases fallen by the wayside. YUP! SWIMBO accepts 1 day growth after that... hmmmmm

Why would you stop shaving because your smoking a pipe or cigar. I think a better way to phrase the question might have been, since you started spending money on pipes has your shaving purchases fallen by the wayside. YUP! SWIMBO accepts 1 day growth after that... hmmmmm

If you look at the pictures of pipe smokers, the amount of beards you'll find is quite high.

D

dwLost

I'm more of the cardigan sweater type myself, along with burn holes from spilled ashes. With fleece you have to put the fire out, it keeps smoldering.
$IMG_0342.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom