What's new

Does anyone uses his splash as a light cologne ?

I can't use the splashes on my face.

I have Aqua Velva "Green" and I love the scent (and the nice bottle)

Now I use it as a light cologne; I know splashes don't have a long staying power, but I put tons of it before going to work in the morning, and I still can smell it until 3-4 pm.
If it's gone, I reapply; I don't care since it's so cheap and available.:biggrin:

Does anyone else do that ?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The Royall lotions are intended for such double use, although I've only ever used them for A/S

I'd use the Musgo AS as a light cologne if the scent had a little more staying power.

I've recently started using an old bottle of Davidoff Cool Water that i've had in the back of a cupboard for years and could never use - killed my face - on occaision now my skin has improved so much. I'm not crazy about the scent, but it's ok for work and the staying power is ridiculous. It lasts longer than a lot of EDT's/colognes on my skin. Quite overpowering in any dose more than a dab too, so i wouldn't use a cologne on top of it.

I use Harris' Sandalwood AS as a cologne -- it's waaaay strong enough for that. I also use C&S's Oxford & Cambridge AS as a cologne. I tried it once as an aftershave -- worst thing I've EVER put on my face!! :eek: My skin was taut, dry & on fire. But as a cologne it's perfect. The scent is incredible (if you like lavender) -- herbaceous, woody & complex -- and it definitely has staying power.

Em's Place Bulgarian Rose HydroPlus is made with pure rose EO and that scent def. stays around too, albeit quietly. (On her site she notes that her HydroPlus mixtures are EdT strength.) I tend to spritz some on my chest as well -- kind of nice to have the smell of rose around me all day long. And the scent of TOBS #74 Victorian Limes AS stays around, too.

Nothing beats Pinaud Clubman as a splash if you like the smell.
It's dirt cheap and for me the staying power is the whole day.
None of my other splashes or colognes smell that long and those cost me an arm and a leg.

+1 on Pinaud Clubman, for sure.

I can also get double duty out of Musgo Real AS, Floris Santal AS, and even JF.

These days though, I am preferring more and more to use as light an AS splash as possible, so as not to interfere with colognes.

Old Spice A/S.

If I use Old Spice, I don't use EDT. I just splash a bit more on my neck and chest and call it a day.

If I use an EDT, I only use a Nivea A/S or Nivea body for Men (on my face too because it is light enough) so as not to mix with the alcohol based A/S.

+2 on Pinaud's Clubman. Scent lingers forever and it's a great fresh barbershop smell. I don't even try to put a cologne on top of it!

I'm thinking about getting some Blenheim Bouquet A/S splash to use in lieu of the cologne, but I haven't been able to find anyone that has used it...

Top Bottom