What's new

Classic but modern pocket watch?

I am in the market for a classically styled but modern pocket watch. Something that is the best of both worlds. I would like it to have a clock face rather than a digital display. Plus be waterproof and tough. I tend to loose wrist watches (the bands break) and hate dragging my phone out to check the time. I think a nice simple yet durable watch that fits in the coin pocket of my jeans or in a pouch might just fit the bill. Stainless is a plus. I guess I don't need a clam shell. P would like to keep the price very reasonable. $200 but hopefully a lot less.
What are your thoughts?
Thanks for your time!

I remember reading an article on Worn and Wound about these modern pocket watches. Sorry I can't comment on the quality of these time pieces. http://www.mmtstore.com/

$MMT-pocket-watch-T100k-black-pack.jpg

I myself have a new half hunter Rotary pocket watch, probably not durable enough but a fantastically beautiful piece.

Thanks guys!
Looks like I have a lot of reading to do.
The Seiko looks beautiful. What was my budget again? Lol

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Are these pocket watch the old school kind you gotta manually wind?
Can you still buy those?

I have had fifty or sixty watches watches and have never had a band break. I had one twisted off my arm in Morocco, though. What on earth do you do that you break bands? As mentioned above, Seiya has some very nice pocket watches. I have my great-grandfather's Santa-Fe pocket watch he used as a conductor, but I never would carry it.

I have had fifty or sixty watches watches and have never had a band break. I had one twisted off my arm in Morocco, though. What on earth do you do that you break bands? As mentioned above, Seiya has some very nice pocket watches. I have my great-grandfather's Santa-Fe pocket watch he used as a conductor, but I never would carry it.

Mostly just cheap watches, Timex and Casio and being dumb I guess. I have lost a few catching them on wire fence, ladders and man ways and looked down at the end of a long work day to find my watch gone. Your great grandfathers watch sounds like a beauty. I will look at the Seiya watches.

Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom