What's new

Difference between Simpson Duke 2 and Duke 3

Anybody know the knot diameter difference between a Duke 2 and a Duke 3? Is the difference just the size of the handle?

What about the Duke1? I never see any pictures, posts, recommendations, or comments about the Duke 1. I prefer short loft for more scrubbiness. Would not Duke 1 be a good choice?

I've been reading that the D1 is comparable to the Case or Classic 1; these posts have been usually discussing travel brushes.

What about the Duke1? I never see any pictures, posts, recommendations, or comments about the Duke 1. I prefer short loft for more scrubbiness. Would not Duke 1 be a good choice?

I've had both a D1 and a D2. Both are great brushes - great backbone and just a wee bit scrubby. I would think it should come down to your personal preference for size. You can't go wrong with either.

The Duke 2 22X50 and Duke 3 23X51. These are approximate as there can be significant variations. Superior Shave has dimensions on specific brushes so you can pick the one you want. You'll see that lofts on the D3 can range between 49.5 and 52.5 while knots can range from 22 to 24.

Top Bottom