What's new

Fatboy and Executive replated by Chris Evatt

Another great restoring job signed by Chris Evatt. They look really beautiful and Chris is a true talented hobbyist.

Cheers

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Very nice! Chris has some things for me, too, and I can hardly wait to see them in a few weeks!

Very nice job indeed.

I am curious as to what a replate cost these days since thr price of gold has dropped?

I think that this is a labour intensive cost more than a raw material one. When you get a razor to replate you don't know in advance how much time you'll have to dedicate in order to clean it and restore prior to plating. This is the main cost driver IMHO.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I think that this is a labour intensive cost more than a raw material one.

I would expect that Chris's material costs make up a substantial part of the cost he charges us. Those solutions are not cheap.

Mango, those are beautiful! What year(s)? Chris does wonderful work, doesn't he. He's done 3 razors for me. I have a '58 Executive Chris replated in gold like yours and a '58 Fat Boy that we customized is rhodium.

Those look fantastic! Another great job by Chris. I have had several replated by Chris and can't reccomend his work enough.

Chris recently replated in gold an ordinary Brownie OT for a friend of mine. Chris turned the mundane into a thing of beauty. Who would not be proud to shave with this razor?

proxy.php

I think that this is a labour intensive cost more than a raw material one. When you get a razor to replate you don't know in advance how much time you'll have to dedicate in order to clean it and restore prior to plating. This is the main cost driver IMHO.
Yes you are right, so I guess a mid level price to cover all bases make sense.

Mango, those are beautiful! What year(s)? Chris does wonderful work, doesn't he. He's done 3 razors for me. I have a '58 Executive Chris replated in gold like yours and a '58 Fat Boy that we customized is rhodium.

Same as yours, both from 1958. :)

Very nice job indeed.

I am curious as to what a replate cost these days since thr price of gold has dropped?

@ERVARGASNY,

Excellent Question! A salient point that you mention.

I addressed a similar question on another B&B thread earlier tonight. Hopefully, that post will clarify some questions regarding replating costs, finish types, etc. Click here and scroll to Post #1609 : http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...-Cleanup-Before-and-after-w-commentary/page81

Thanks!

Top Bottom