What's new

Recommend me a Dr.Martens boots

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I generally like Dr.Martens and looking for new boots. But they have to be very comfortable for everyday wear and look good too.
Which model?

1460's but also buy the wonder balm to treat and condition the leather. Helps break them in. Applying every few months will help them last longer as well.
Johnny

1460's. - I have four pairs; I wear navy ones 3-4 times a week for the past 6 years.
+1 on the wonder balsam or matching Kiwi polish.

It should be advertised as "MIE" and sometimes "Vintage 1460". The insole and the outsole are always branded "Made in England". Expect the UK made pairs to have about a $70USD or $100CAD mark-up.

Last edited:

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Can you please give me a link or a couple of links to the British made ones?

Also look at Solovair, which were one of the original DM manufacturers. The have always been made in England!

Gareth

Tonight I bought a pair of made in England 1461s, which are three eyelet shoes. Online they seem to be referred to as "Vintage," but the clerk at the Dr, Marten store in Washington, DC had not heard of them referred to by that name. I thought the made in England version looked better than any of the other versions of the 1461 model.

I would not mind having the 1460s, but I was afraid I would not bother with full boots as often as regular lower cut shoes.

Top Bottom