What's new

Hey, Dude! Just saw The Big Lebowski

Well, I just saw The Big Lebowski! This came out in 1998, so I am sure I had seen it way back then. Maybe too many Rum and Coke's that night, because I hardly remembered any of it.
I think it is even possible that any memories were false and only came from clips and snippets of the movie or other references in other shows.
Well, it was a great lot of fun! If you have not seen it, I recommend it. It gets a little wierd in places, but it's part of the fun.
I laughed out loud as soon as I saw Jeff Bridges in that cardigan and realized that it is Price's Avitar, and Dude is Price's signature! Price, it is much how I pictured you anyway! Laid back and relaxing for all it is worth!
Ahh, Yes. The Dude Abides! Words to live by...
:001_cool:
Thought I would share...

Well, I just saw The Big Lebowski! This came out in 1998, so I am sure I had seen it way back then. Maybe too many White Russians that night, because I hardly remembered any of it.
Thought I would share...

FTFY

Love the movie, really one of my favorites of all time. That rug really tied the room together too.

I don't think there's an actor around that could have played The Dude better!

"Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Are you allowed to post clips on here? The Jesus Quintana scene is one of my all time favourites. Brilliant movie full of great characters.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
One of my favorite films, ever. I always seems to find itself into the player when I need some good laughs or am just in a general "*** it" mood.

TL

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Since you're playing catch up, allow me to recommend another movie with a lot of classic lines. It's called The Wizard of Oz.

I've never seen it.

I remember at the time when it was out having a feeling that it was similar to a Jim Carrey type of movie or a Farrelly Brothers type, which was (and mostly remains) a big turnoff for me, but looking it up now I don't get that vibe. I probably ought to give it a watch at some point.

The Jesus Quintana scene is one of my all time favourites.

proxy.php

Eight year olds, dude.

Last edited:
Shut up Donny.....

This one is in my top 4 comedy movies list. I just watched our DVD of it once again 2 days ago.

The other 3 in my top 4 comedy movies are:

Easy Money (Rodney Dangerfield)
Used Cars (Kurt Russell and Jack Warden)
Uncle Buck (John Candy)

Others that are close and sometimes edge out the ones above are

Animal House (John Belushi)
The Party (Perter Sellers)
Blazing Saddles (Mel Brooks)
Overboard (Kurt Russell and Goldy Hawn)
After Hours (Martin Scorsese film - black comedy)

If you have the chance to get or watch the release of Used Cars with the director's/actor's commentary do it. Commentary was done 20 years after the film was released but some of what they say is really off the wall on what they got away with back then (the big tire fire etc). Jack Warden did NOT want to be in the film as it had an R rating for language and nudity. When they told him he would be playing 2 parts he still was not convinced. Then they said he could play a dead person and that was what changed his mind.

Last edited:
I've seen it no less than 50 times. The more times you watch it, the more stuff you find. One of my all time favorites!!

Top Bottom