What's new

Mickey Lee Soapworks?

I've been interested in this one, but have continued to hesitate for whatever reason. Finally completed the order for Drunken Goat on Thursday night, after having added it to might cart several times over the last few months and then removing. Should be here start of the week.

I'm interested in 2 of their soaps. The drunken goat vs cocoa Maya which sound intoxicating. Although, I can order one of them.

Which one do you guys recommend and if they cause any irritation since my face is somewhat sensitive.

Edit: the peach one sounds Great too.....

I've been interested in this one, but have continued to hesitate for whatever reason. Finally completed the order for Drunken Goat on Thursday night, after having added it to might cart several times over the last few months and then removing. Should be here start of the week.

The closest thing I can compare it to is Barrister & Mann. Neither of them skimp on fragrance, and the performance feels very similar between the two IMO. The biggest difference to me is that I have more interest in the MLSW scents, and they're also cheaper for the most part. If you've ever enjoyed B&M or Stirling, you'll probably enjoy MLSW... and my opinion of Drunken Goat has been clearly documented at this point. :thumbup:

I put my order in for Drunken Goat. I'll see how it fares with me. If everything goes good, I will order more. Interested in Cocoa Maya and the peach one. Those will be my next purchase.

I've only used the Cocoa Maya and really enjoyed it. From what I've heard you really can't go wrong with any of the scents. Enjoy!

I already have Cocoa Maya which to me is mainly chocolate with a sweet caramel like hint, I also detect very small amounts of orange.

i have just ordered Pantie Dropper and their new Lime Pre Shave Butter, very intriguing.

So, today "The Drunken Goat" arrived and was used for this evening's shave. Upon opening the lid, the scent was wonderful and sweet, very true its given description of a Stout Cookie. The appearance nearly identical to a Barrister and Mann soap. So much so that I'm willing to bet with the new containers if labels were removed some wouldn't be able to distinguish between the two artisans. And to cap it off the performance was solid.

The appearance nearly identical to a Barrister and Mann soap. So much so that I'm willing to bet with the new containers if labels were removed some wouldn't be able to distinguish between the two artisans. And to cap it off the performance was solid.
You can easily tell the difference by "feeling" the dry soap with your fingers. MLS soap, particularly The Drunken Goat, feels much more slippery than B&M; it feels slimier or greasier.

I haven't tried any of these soaps yet, but I've been keeping a close eye on the reviews and want to order some as soon I get a little extra money. I have been real interested in the Drunken Goat and also the La Fee Verte, but I don't see the LFV on the website anymore. Has that been discontinued???

I haven't tried any of these soaps yet, but I've been keeping a close eye on the reviews and want to order some as soon I get a little extra money. I have been real interested in the Drunken Goat and also the La Fee Verte, but I don't see the LFV on the website anymore. Has that been discontinued???

I think it has, but I'm not certain, which bums me out, as it's one I was pretty fond of. But Drunken Goat is great. It smells great. I'd certainly give it a shot, when you can. The price drop ($1) is a plus, as well.

LFV is out, per Mickey Lee himself. They removed it from circulation to make room for the two new scents.
I heard the same thing. You could try Maggard Razors; they might have some in stock (that's where I got mine). Love the scent of LFV. Very complex.

Well that is disappointing to hear. The description from their site made it sound VERY appealing to me. Hopefully Maggard's will still have some by the time I can order.

I tried through the woods this morning, which is my first mickey Lee experience. The scent is interesting, a complex blend of green and spice notes,certainly not my favorite but not off putting either. The performance is phenomenal with excellent slickness and cushion. It takes a bit of water to get the lather in the sweet spot but once there it makes for an excellent shave.

I received The Kraken and Pantie Dropper today, together with the aftershave milks of the same scents. I also received a sizable sample of Bee Witched, which I'd never have ordered myself since I really don't like honey, but this scent was very interesting. A lot of hazelnut and chocolate to my nose. Anyway, I decided to go with The Kraken for this evenings shave (which wasn't an easy call since I got a shipment from Mystic Water today as well...), and it performed like the best of them. And the scent is amazing too, barbershop with some nautical twist. I'm really looking forward to trying the Pantie Dropper and Bee Witched.

A friend bought me a tub of Italian Stallion. Interesting scent, I get more spice with a citrus finish. Great stuff, almost identical to Tiki tallow in consistency and performance.

Top Bottom