What's new

Mickey Lee Soapworks?

I took advantage of the maggard sale and ordered a tub of the panty dropper scent. I'm looking forward to trying this one.

Drunken Goat and Cocoa Maya sound amazing. Too bad they are sold out. I'll have to grab one of each when they drop back in stock.

I have some large samples of it and actually like it pretty wel. I didn't the first time or two I used it until I added a little bit of water and let it soak while I showered. Then, I realized how much lather and slickness this soap can create.

I shaved with Italian Stallion yesterday an that is another winner. The scent is like a lemon bar, very nice!

MLS is top teir in performance. It sits up there with MDC, B&M, CRSW, etc. Highly recommend. Scent strength and performance is strong but it could use a bit better postshave feel if we're being nitpicky(its not bad, but could be better). You will not be disappointed, only surprised. Plus they are a military family, support the vets!

Last edited:
As a fellow vet I did not know that. Glad I sent them some money! I agree, MLS is right up there with MdC which is what I was using the most prior to ordering.

Drunken Goat and Cocoa Maya sound amazing. Too bad they are sold out. I'll have to grab one of each when they drop back in stock.

Cocoa Maya is really good, but is a little different. Is a rich, dark chocolate scent with just a touch of coffee. Performs terrifically -- similar to or better than the other top artisans.

can anyone summarize all the scents? I love it when a soap has a fanciful description and then a guy gets it and says ... "it's chocolate cake"

that is my kind of summary.

Cocoa Maya is really good, but is a little different. Is a rich, dark chocolate scent with just a touch of coffee. Performs terrifically -- similar to or better than the other top artisans.
Sounds interesting. Drunken goat and cocoa Maya sounds really similar. Are they close to each other in terms of smell?

What's the beat scent of the bunch.

MLS is top teir in performance. It sits up there with MDC, B&M, CRSW, etc. Highly recommend. Scent strength and performance is strong but it could use a bit better postshave feel if we're being nitpicky(its not bad, but could be better). You will not be disappointed, only surprised. Plus they are a military family, support the vets!

I pretty much concur with all of this. Regarding the post shave: I agree, but would add that from my perspective it's slightly behind the likes of B&M and Stirling... but vs all the soaps I've tried, it's very very good. Also cool to know they're a military family. That makes them.... I believe the 4th that I know of (Stirling, Reef Point, Soap Commander).

can anyone summarize all the scents? I love it when a soap has a fanciful description and then a guy gets it and says ... "it's chocolate cake"

that is my kind of summary.

Yeah, Stirling's descriptions have mislead me a couple times. I was all excited to try Electric Sheep, but it ended up just being boring lemon.

Drunken goat is pretty much as described. The major characteristics are that stout cookie smell that's mentioned, but there's a delightful complexity as well. They didn't just cram Guiness and sweetness together, but made an interesting spice backdrop for it to stand on. Somehow they got it to smell creamy, which for me makes me want to eat the stuff, but I wouldn't be sure what to do with it. Pour milk into it? Or put a chunk of this into a bowl of milk and add my favorite cereal? I want to eat something that smells like this... That's all I know. Also, I would totally wear this as a splash.

The strength of scent is a winner too. I feel like they compare to B&M in that respect.

Last edited:
I used my Italian Stallion today for the first time. I had test lathered it before but never shaved with it until today. That's a good soap! I wasn't crazy about the scent at first but it's starting to grow on me. It's hard to describe what it smells like, it's not my favorite smell, but not bad. The performance of the soap was stellar, though. I had a great shave.

I got samples of Drunken Goat and Hallowed Harvest, and I love them, the scents are very similar, with the drunken goat being a bit sweeter and the Hallowed Harvest having a bit more spice, but I love them both, really great scents and great performers.

Just had my first shave with La Fee Verte and it was amazing! Loaded my brush for 20-30 seconds in the tub and face lathered. It made more than enough for three passes. It's an incredibly slick soap. Because of the coconut milk, lanolin and shea butter my face felt moisturized after the shave. The scent is really complex - woodsy and spicy. Probably not for everyone, but I loved it.

I'm on the Mickey Lee Soapworks bandwagon; easily the best soap I've tried. Look forward to getting more of their scents.

I got samples of Drunken Goat and Hallowed Harvest, and I love them, the scents are very similar, with the drunken goat being a bit sweeter and the Hallowed Harvest having a bit more spice, but I love them both, really great scents and great performers.

Where did you order samples from?

Checked the site. Looks like they changed the tubs, added fancier labels, and dropped all prices by $1. I can abide by all that! Wow, to think they lowered their price even though they're always selling out. I think they're trying to make a really big push, sell higher volume, and become firmly established.

Also seeing 2 scents I didn't recognize: a honey and a peach scent. Maybe the peach was always there and I just don't remember it.

Last edited:
As if I wasn't already sold, waterproof labels and a lower price. Just waiting (im)patiently for Maggards to restock.

Just pulled the trigger and ordered Drunken Goat! Going to NC for work next week so I have to wait until February to try it out regardless of when it shows...

and the two new scents look like they share the same base w/ aloe that the Kraken has.

Top Bottom