What's new

Dunhill nightcap . Bam!

I loaded up my Ozark Hardwood with some Nightcap yesterday. Great Smoke! Love the flavor and scent... reminded me more of Cigars than the others I have tried to date. MO was close though. Like Cigars, I could still taste the remnants of this smoke on my tongue when I got up this morning.
I sat down to relax with the pipe and the tablet. It burned nice and consistently and gave a nice cool dense smoke.
I needed to relight a few times over the next 20 minutes or so, but it wasn't too bad.
Then I decided to put down the tablet and wander the yard to pick up the few presents left by our little dog over the last couple of days and when I stood up, BAM! The world turned a bit like I had just shot a couple oz of Tequila! :a11:
I could feel the buz of a little nicotine entering the blood stream while I was sitting down, but when I stood up, i realized how powerful this stuff is!
I had read a few reviews of this stuff, but it was still unexpected. I will have to take my time with this one in the future, or pack half a bowl!
The next one I have recently acquired and intend to try a bit of is the Dunhill Early Morning Pipe. Does this one pack the same punch? Does the Nightcap have this same effect on you more experienced Pipe Smokers of the English Blend variety? Am I just a baby? :blush:

you sir are a BABY! just kidding just kidding. Nicotine really doesnt affect me much since I smoke cigarettes. But I have heard that nightcap has a real nice nic kick.

I smoke cigs as well, and I can easily get a nic hit like that off some blends, Nightcap included. The other one that gets me good sometimes is GL Pease Gaslight.

I'm a nicotine-wimp. I smoke mainly English blends and most do NOT pack the punch that is found in Dunhill EMP or 965. Both make me sick. I imagine I'd get sick from Nightcap in under ten minutes. It is my understanding that Dunhill and Pease blends all (or mostly) have a lot of nicotine relative to other brands. If you're looking for a nic-kick then those are your brands; if you want not to get nic-sick then you might want to avoid them. (Side note -- PipesAndCigars and Milan Tobacconists both make 965 imitations that do not wallop me with vitamin N overdose.)

I also find that EMP does not taste like an English to me, and 965 does but is definitely a few degrees off from what I'd usually consider the definitive characteristic taste of a latakia blend.

When I first picked up the pipe again, I bought some Dunhill Standard Mix (Mellow). About as mellow as a sledgehammer. LOL Made me quite sick and I PIFed it away. After more than a year and learning how to smoke slowly with food in my stomach, I now quite enjoy EMP, Nightcap and 965. I have probably developed a little more tolerance over time also.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When I first picked up the pipe again, I bought some Dunhill Standard Mix (Mellow). About as mellow as a sledgehammer. LOL Made me quite sick and I PIFed it away. After more than a year and learning how to smoke slowly with food in my stomach, I now quite enjoy EMP, Nightcap and 965. I have probably developed a little more tolerance over time also.
I just smoked some the other day (you included it as an extra in a trade)- it is very nice.

Last edited:
Nightcap - one of my favorites along with 965. You get used to the vitamin N. First few bowls are interesting, though! Excellent blend. IMHO, one of the finest.

Top Bottom