What's new

Ink Review : Noodler's Badger and Blade 5 O'Clock Shadow

I am fairly new to the Nib and was surprised that there had not been a review posted for this ink, at least that I could find on here. That made me want to buy it and try it out. I received the ink in the mail this afternoon along with a B&B A5 notebook. :biggrin1:

$filename-1.jpg
Also, I wanted to test how waterproof it was. You can see the green wash out as soon as it contacts the water.

$IMG_5280.jpg

After 15 minutes.

$IMG_5281.jpg

- Justin

Last edited:
I may have to try it. I've got several ink samples coming in from Goulet this Wednesday, and I'm looking for a good black ink.

How large are the bottles? It doesn't say on the WCS site.

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
BBB otherwise known as Baystate Badger Blue, and I believe its out of stock but it was at WCS

Don't you mean Benevolent Badger Blue? How well behaved is this ink? Hopefully it has none of the bad properties of Baystate Blue.

Don't you mean Benevolent Badger Blue? How well behaved is this ink? Hopefully it has none of the bad properties of Baystate Blue.

lol yeah thats the one, and its not a pen killing ink staining anything. ink isnt like BSB in those regards

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I really enjoy this ink.

You can only get it at Westcoastshaving, and there are only about 32 bottles left ... I dunno if there will be any more made. (BBB has been out of stock there so long that it leads me to think that it won't be restocked ... I'm not part of that decision-making group so I'm just speculating.)

There have been two or perhaps three "runs" of this ink. The first run sold so well that a second was ordered, and that was great. Of late, though, these last few dozen bottles have been sitting at WCS for a while ... long enough to make me wonder if there will not be any more ordered when they are gone. We all know how long a bottle of ink can last, and if everyone who wants this ink already has as many bottles as they want, do we have 'market saturation'?

All of which is a longwinded way of saying ... if you like this ink ... don't wait.

It's nothing like BSB. The Bay-haters don't have to worry.

This was my first bottle of ink when I started down the fountain pen quagmire. I used it sparingly after awhile since it would behave very differently on different office papers, some it would be black, others green or a nice black/green shade. When I started hunting for a replacement for Mont Blanc British Racing Green, I tried all sorts of other inks and eventually realized this was the closest to the same shade I could find.

Top Bottom