What's new

Best store-bought face wash

I use Johnson and Johnson Purpose face wash, because a dermatologist recommended it to me as really good, gentle, and cheap. He said a lot of stuff out there is a waste of money.

On a side note, the bottle says it has been "Clinically proven as gentle as water." A bit disconcerting that they do not mention which water...the stuff in an underground artesian well in the middle of the Yukon, of the water that caught fire in the river in Cleveland in the 70's???

Nivea for Men Face Wash. This stuff rocks and compares well to higher end brands that I've used.

+1 Nivea Soothing Face Wash!! Soap,fragrance,colourants and alcohol-free - this face wash is excellent for sensitive skin!! It's second listed ingredient after water is glycerine - which really softens the whiskers and thus is a great pre-shave product too

+1 Nivea Soothing Face Wash!! Soap,fragrance,colourants and alcohol-free - this face wash is excellent for sensitive skin!! It's second listed ingredient after water is glycerine - which really softens the whiskers and thus is a great pre-shave product too

When I use the Nivea Soothing face wash on my beard area pre-shave, it dries me out and I get bad shaves, so I use it only on my non-beard area.

Otherwise, fantastic stuff

I've recently used both Nivea Double Action and Every man jack. The nivea leaves your face feeling what I can only describe as "squeaky clean". It does on occassion dry my face out a bit more that I would like but most of the time is perfect. The Everyman jack products are much more gentle and leave you feeling clean. If you have really oily skin Everyman might not be what your looking for. The scent of the every man jack is nice but not overpowering. Both products have worked well for me.

Neutrogena Oil-free deep Cleansing. One side note though, it is a bit drying because of the Benozyl Peroxide but its perfect for summer use when you skin a just a little bit oily anyway.

Nivea for Men Face Wash. This stuff rocks and compares well to higher end brands that I've used.

+1

I've been using Nivea for Men Energizing Face Scrub and After Shave Cooling Balm for about a week and like them. Not a lot of menthol in the cooling balm but it leaves my skin feeling very good.

I know there are better higher end products out there but I wouldn't feel deprived if I had to stick with these.

I use an Equate (Wal Mart house brand) medicated apricot scrub . I think it is a knock of of St. Ive's. The Salicylic Acid helps with my oily skin and the apricot grit helps remove dead skin. The fact that it is less than $3 a tube is nice too.

Has anyone tried the Nivea DOuble Action face wash?

I thought it was a tad drying. (I prefer the Sensitive version or Cetaphil)

Might be good for hot/humid summers.

Top Bottom