What's new

'Fess up. How bad is your SAD?

I knew mine was bad when I came across an unused soap. I put together a Pif to clean out 19 samples and soaps that I didn't care for. I can still go 45 shaves without using the same soap twice and have three more inbound.

I can't be alone.

I knew it was bad when I used my exception in the first week of a 3 month restraint.... 2 days later I fell off the wagon a bought a brush I already have. I lasted 10 days. Sad...

That is definitely full-blown SAD. I would like to have more, but my wallet and my cabinet are constraints. Right now, I have

2 pucks Williams
1 puck Trumper's Lime just started
1/2 tub Proraso green
3 oz. tin Sapone de Barba

1 tub T&H 1805
1 tub Trumper's coconut
3/4 tube C.O. Bigelow
1 tube Real Shaving company cream

Trying to not get some MWF, MdC, Cyril Salter, LaToja, etc.

Oh, this is a SAD topic.
I have 30 soaps, half of which are "back ups" to the 15 I have in rotation. I've never even 3017 a soap yet!

Current estimate, I have a 5 year supply on hand.

pretty bad situation here...
and this is perhaps less than half the truth...

proxy.php

I'm fine! Now you hold that end of the board while I nail it in. I want to get the roof on the house extension before the next snowfall. Should be enough room for all the soap, and I bet I'll even be able to get the bed cleared off. Hold 'er steady now...

I like threads like this. They make me feel better about my soap collection, which is probably in the 20-25 full puck/tub + 5-10 sample + 4 stick + 2 tube range.

12 Stirling
2 TOBS
1 proraso
3 razorock
1 Dr Selby
2 mama bears
1 Williams.

4 back ups of my favorites.

I have been wet shaving since September... and have tried and sold/trade a few more than what's in my Den above.

I stopped counting, but I haven't bought a soap since the first week of July 2014. That is the longest stretch I've gone since I started DE shaving 02/14/2010. One of these days I'll take an inventory, but I'm sure I have 10 years of product stashed in drawers, closets, and the refrigerator. I'll use it all. And the acquisition disorder has been cured.

I have several backups of several very good and very cheap Euopean soaps: La Toja, Palmolive, Monsavon, LEA, and BEA. Very little coin invested in these soaps.

I also have a few vintage Old Spice pucks stashed away. You won't see this soap again.

A couple of proven classics also occupy the den: Arko, MWF, La Toja Manantiales, Cade x 2, Valobra menthol x 2, GFT Violets, T&H Luxury.

Then there are the gifted pucks: GFT Coconut Oil, Vermont Country Store Lime Musk, C&E Nomad and Sienna, Tutti Amici Bergamot Lime, Classic Shaving Citrus Basil, and a puck in a white wrapper(?).

Add in a few pucks of VDH, another puck of Williams (thought I'd finished all of it!), and a tub of Mama Bears Bay Rhum, and you have an idea of the stockpile.

Last edited:
I know it qualifies as a disorder when I immediately opened my organizational Word document to get a proper answer. Right now, 30 soaps, 4 samples, and 6 creams. For the first time in a while though, I can say that all are accounted for and there is nothing in the mail.

Reading this thread and seeing those pics makes me feel better about this stockpile. Now I can really tell those voices in my head that I'm not crazy.

I got some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket like you wouldn't believe. Bought a new holster for the SR40c....now for soap!!!

Not bad at all... I bought 4 soaps and 2 creams about two months ago. (also blades) So I have like a few years worth. I'm gonna buy a few more soaps, and a new puck of MWF. And more Pre/post shave (either 3P or the Proraso tub.) But generally I'm to broke or I have to much medical debt to really just randomly go out and buy a lot of stuff... (I used up three soaps before I bought the new haul... And the blades were on sale, so I stocked up for at lest two years worth or so...) So I have a total of 9 soaps and creams. And one is super menthol so it's used only in the summer...

Really I'm to broke to spend that much money on soaps... And what I buy is generally low price high quality, or gonna last a long time. (MWF, I've been using the same one for 3 years now. Granted I've used up other soaps to...)

Last edited:
I'm pretty pathetic....keep in mind I shave maybe every other day or third day. Here's my inventory.

Cade used once
Caties Bubbles LPV used 3 times
XXX used 4 times
Son of Zeus used twice
Cold River Select Sandalwood used twice
AOS sandalwood (2 pucks) old recipe
Mystic Waters Lavender Lime
Haslinger Schafmilch
Arko tub
Arko stick
MdC Fougere
RR Freedberg
Stirling ozark Mountain
Irish Moos
Tabac
Vintage Yardley
Synergy CaD

Samples:
Stirling Coniferous
Stirling Bed Franklin
Stroppe Shop barbershop, date night, Baker Street
Maggards London Barbershop
fougere, Austin,
Bag of T&H cream samples

Last edited:
I'm not bad.
RR P-160
RR captain's choice
RR Classic
Col. Conk bay rum
Mama bears barber shoppe
La toja
Proraso green
Yeti snot
Vdh custom blend bay rum
TOBS mr Taylor's
And various samples, ogalalla, 3P, Arko

Wow, I have like 60 different soaps/creams, and probably 80 total if you count repeats. Of course I have had 10 years to collect them all. I did try to stop buying them for a stint of 6 years, but I just recently fell of the wagon and bought some more. I'm hoping to go back on the wagon since I bought another 5 years of soap, doh.

1 TOBS Sandalwood
1 Proraso green
1 Wilkinson sword soap
1 OS cream
1 Caola cream
3 x Godrej cream
3 x Vasmol

I thought I had some serious issues with my hoard of stuff, along with a few aftershaves, moisturisers, three razors, 100 or so blades and three brushes but looking at others, I am pretty conservative!

I seem to have narrowed down what I like in the collection but am loathed to throw anything out!! Even if I don't use it.

It's pretty sad when I had to clean my closet to make room for some of my soaps (a few are bath soaps)

...but before this last purchase from Maggard it's been 6 months since I bought any shave soap.

I counted 43 different scents 11 of them are samples and 2 of the are big 8oz tubs.

Top Bottom