What's new

'Fess up. How bad is your SAD?

How do you know if you have SAD - 10, 20, or so many you don't really know off hand how many you have? I have a small collection now, but I've got a growing mental list of those I'd like to try. Barrister and Mann is next on the list once I figure out which to try first. Does anyone have any recommendations? I just broke into my Tebac and my newly arrived RazorRock P.160. So many great soaps and so little time.

Marcel

Realized it by the following:
1) Looking at artisan soap pages like a kid looks toy catalog
2) Convinced my wife to make our own soap for baths so that I can make my own shaving soap. This was because she was on me about buying yet another soap.
3) Convincing my wife that I needed to buy other soaps to research scents and performance
4) Back to looking as soap pages like a kid looks at toy catalog

I now have 45 soaps and creams then I got 6 soap samples. I want to try so many more soaps that I've never tried but I've been good about not buying any soaps in last 2 months.

I have a soap and a cream that have just a little bit left and I'll finish those up in a few weeks and I'm finishing a sample and then another after that.

I knew mine was bad when I came across an unused soap. I put together a Pif to clean out 19 samples and soaps that I didn't care for. I can still go 45 shaves without using the same soap twice and have three more inbound.

I can't be alone.

I've got it bad, so bad that I've asked the B&B management to step in and provide counseling to help me stop buying soaps.

62 soaps all up.

Out of this, there are 22 unique soaps, rest are reserves made up of LEA Classic, MWF, Haslinger and Speick sticks.

Sure, what do you want to know?
Your wet-shaving journey is yours, embrace it!
I want to know what cured your soap AD.

Did you find that one perfect soap for you and use it exclusively?
Did you narrow down to what you like best and rotate a few?
Do you have a stash that'll last you the rest of your life and plan to just use one at a time until you die?

Or did you just finally give Arko a fair shake and realized it's pure gold in a foil/paper wrapper? :w00t:

I just cleaned out the den where I had 30+ soaps and samples in an attempt to get it down to a manageable level. I tend to find a soap I like and then binge out on fragrance choices. So the current lineup looks like this, in no particular order of preference.

5 - Mystic Waters
6 - Shannon's Soaps
4 - Tim's Shaving Soap
1 - Catie's Bubbles
1 - Soap Commander
1 - Mikes Natural

I am not sure how I came up with 18 soaps being a manageable level, I am sure the total will go up again until I feel the urge to clean. Thank goodness that doesn't happen often.

Not bad at all.
I have 4 soaps (by brand), with a few spares on hand of 2 of those. And 2 creams.

I plan on trying some more and shop around a little here and there, but haven't bought anything from my mental list yet.

Have about 8 soaps and creams in the rotation and another 7-8 ready to go in that rotation

And another 5-6 that I want to order:001_smile

I think I'm in early stages of SAD

I had 15 soaps. I just bought 5 more that I don't need one of which was a duplicate of another I already had because it all came in a lot and I wanted the other 4

You all make me feel better about my SAD.
I've been de shaving 2+ years.
I've got 4 hard soaps, 2 creams in tubes.
I have decided that the soaps I have are as good as any I could get.
I like these soaps and to buy others would be a waste.
The soaps I have will take years to use up.
So I don't need any more.

But I'ld liked more soaps!
This is so SAD!

Thanks,
Curt

Mine isn't too bad, I suppose. I started DE shaving back in May and only have one razor so far, a Mühle of some kind that I purchased at an AOS boutique. I'll buy another razor eventually, but I'm in no hurry. Seven soaps and seven creams at the moment, with two more creams scheduled for delivery today. (The new additions will be TOBS Peppermint and Jermyn St.) I don't anticipate buying any new shaving products until after the first of the year, but my next acquisitions will probably be a couple of cheap European soaps, most likely Arko, Tabac, and/or La Toja, about which I hear some pretty good things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom