What's new

Had a great couple shaves thanks to Bayamontate's honing services.

So a few weeks ago I came to the realization that while I can hone a blade on my nortons and get a decent shave with them, the shave just wasnt comfortable... So I asked on here who to send it to to be honed. I got a couple responses and my wife ultimately made the decision for me as to who to send it to because "She thinks his name is cute." Nelson. My man... Something I should know?? :)

Any way I kicked to straight up to new york for him to work over. sent them out on friday, he had them monday and dropped them back into the mail on tuesday so I had them by thursday. I had stopped shaving on monday so I was a bit scraggly for the first shave with a blade honed by someone that knows what hes doing. Man, I had never seen a blade pass the HHT before ecpet on you tube. both these blades pass all along the entire blade. Showered, hot towel on the face, climb out of the shower and step on the cat earning a sharp bite to the toe, (its our process in this house... darn cat. we deal with it. dont judge.), lathered up some soap comander passion (and that sounds manly right???) and proceeded to test this blade. at first I didnt think it was cutting at all and was a touch dissapointed. it wasnt dragging and scraping at my face. then I noticed that the whiskers were dissapearing! QUICKLY! Only rough spots were the underside of my chin, but thats because I still dont know the best way without slicing my darn throat, but the honed blades performed better than I thought possible.

I did a couple with the grain passes and then a couple against the grain like I always do. totally smooth in the end. and so much more comfortable than the blades that I honed myself. But now I know what the edge and such should look like and I have a better reference for when I try honing again myself.

So a big thank you to Bayamontate for the honing. Still gotta talk to my wife about that "cute name" comment though....

Back to my cage now.....

Top Bottom