What's new

Do I need a Brown Leaf sabbatical?

Tell you what, Price. If you get a hankering to try something you don't have in the next year, let us know. Chances are ONE of us has it. Knowing the folks here as I do, we all would be willing to send you a "sample". :lol:

Lord knows, you have been more than generous to all of us!

Good luck with this endeavor, Price. Have got to admire your self control. I do hope you will remain active and informative on this thread.

I say we do Price a favor. We need to steal his ample chest and he'll be forced to buy more...MUAHAHAHAHAH! :biggrin1:

I'll split it with ya! HAHAH

I wish I could go on sabatical, but I need at least 1 meer by fikri baki, 1 dunhill birthyear, a tomato shaped pipe, and a extremely long list of tobaccos.

Hirsute and I have been discussing a 2015 Tobbatical for several months now, so you've definitely got some support up North! My main focus is to stop buying tobacco. I figure I have at least 4x what I'll smoke in my lifetime, and there's easily enough variety to not get bored. Just gotta stop making the mountain bigger! As for pipes, I definitely need to thin the herd, so any new pipes need to be funded by the sale of pipes I'm not smoking.. the general goal is fewer and better pipes, with no money spent. The exceptions to the rules are the 2015 BL LE pipe, and what is known as "the Esoterica clause", which basically will allow for the snagging of any low-hanging Stonehaven, Penzance or Dunbar. I've never been stung so hard by an "AD", and I'm absolutely in need of this Tobbatical! Meanwhile, my ridiculously-stocked cellar will get its age on and be better (not bigger!) with each passing year.. I'm definitely set-up to stop spending, and to simply enjoy the smokes!

Last edited:
I know your going on sabatical, but out of all your stash, what tobacco would you NOT mind having more of?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Oh, I did that already this year. And last year. And the year before.

http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Price

I specifically am not seeking to incite any such lunacy as a group sabbatical. In fact, I hope everyone continues to post pictures of acquisitions, so that I can vicariously enjoy them. This is simply a temporary (365 day) pause in my ridiculous hoarding of pipe stuff, just to prove to myself that I am master of my domain.

Aren't you married? :biggrin:

Figured it was time for a end-of-Q1 bump. How goes the battle, Price?

So far, so good here on the no-tobacco-buying front for 2015. The new HH release had me challenged for a minute, until I read about the strength.. being a nic wuss, that made it easier to pass on. Now, if "Escudo 2: Electric Boogaloo" comes out, I'll be in trouble!

Figured it was time for a end-of-Q1 bump. How goes the battle, Price?
Well, so far so good. I'm pretty well loaded on anything I'd need, so necessity hasn't forced anything yet (I may run close on pipe cleaners in a few months). Secret Santa did me a big favor by sending me some Sixpence, which is the only new 'baccy I'd been seriously looking at adding. I actually did buy two cobs at my local B&M, but that was strictly for spreading the gospel of pipe smoking to a couple coworkers. Actually, the closest I've come to cracking was a Peterson sandblasted Rosslare (Friday GT knows what I'm talking about) that popped up in my eBay feed about a week ago.

So far I am coasting and feeling pretty good about it (so is my wallet), although I do find myself anxiously waiting for a 2015 B&B Tinsky to hit the street - that's the one exemption I'm allowing myself, and hopefully that'll be enough to carry me through.

And if I do make it through the whole year...well then, there may have to be some kind of humdinger of a reward for myself come January. :wink2:

Top Bottom