What's new

Monthy Gentleman Restraint - February 2015

Looking for a way to curb your A.D's? Getting disapproving looks from SWMBO? Running short of space to store your supplies? Running out of bank balance? This is the perfect opportunity for you -

The Monthly Restraining Order for February 1-28, 2015.
All are welcomed.

RULES

*1. No personal shaving purchases. (Members may purchase shaving related items for others to encourage the hobby/lifestyle. However, members are not allowed to request any form of compensation in return, please use your best judgement. Also, no sampling / testing of those items permitted).
2. Members must have the necessary supplies to last the length of the restraint.
3. GIFT cards cannot be redeemed for shaving items (even if the cards are from previous months)
4. Any shaving services, like replating or restorations, that are paid for in the month of the restraint will cause you to fail the restraint.

*EXCEPTIONS

1. Members that have committed themselves and successfully completed the January Restraint will be allowed to restock/treewhale on February 1st ONLY. Rid your system of any AD's in preparation for another month.

2. Members may participate in B&B Group Buys or B&B branded shaving item purchases, because these may be limited items and all support this common ground. They must be advertised on behalf of B&B to qualify. In an effort to stay true to restraint commitments, please limit B&B purchases to one (1) shaving item per month, including contributions to B&B! (All Non-Shaving B&B items are fair game).

This is perfect for those that failed the yearly or quarterly sabbatical that want to curb their ADs. We will welcome those who fail every month and want to give it another shot, even those that fail on the first day of the restraint :thumbup1:

Remember everyone, it is normally harder than it sounds, so keep fighting the urge!
:sneaky2:

Mods:
We humbly request that you all would leave this in the General shaving forum until February 2nd so we can get as many as possible to see this restraint. Thread can then be moved to the Brotherhoods and Clubs.

Copy the list and add your name to the bottom. Also feel free to add MoRO(February) with your number in your signature. Leaders will check in for roll call at some points of the restraint (Guru17, charger, Cosmos Mariner, Kevdogg329, abragus, Ulricus, Anigai and anyone else that wants to assist with this)

#1. Anigai

$monorail-cat-has-left-the-station.gif

Let me this didn't need to be done :lol:

Not in this time. I plan to do the restraint every other month in anticipation of doing the 2016 annual restraint.

Looking forward to making it four months in a row on the way to completing the spring restraint.

1. Anigai
2. Sleeper
3. will_i_ockham
4. Billy Goatee
5. Cosmos Mariner

6. Rory1262

Oh why not I need to conserve cash any how. Might as well use you gentlemen for support! Haha
1.Anigai
2.Sleeper
3.will_i_ockham
4.Billy Goatee
5.Cosmos Mariner
6.Rory1262
7.theruns

I'm since I'm also in the spring restraint.

1. Anigai
2. Sleeper
3. will_i_ockham
4. Billy Goatee
5. Cosmos Mariner
6. Rory1262
7. Froogle_jimmy
8. MuhleShaver

Failed at December restraint gonna make this happen !!
1. Anigai

2. Sleeper
3. will_i_ockham
4. Billy Goatee
5. Cosmos Mariner
6. Rory1262
7. Froogle_jimmy
8. MuhleShaver
9.sliwolf

I've just dropped a lot my student overdraft on a variety of new soaps and lots of sample blades, so there's definitely no reason why I should need to buy anything else, and many good reasons as to why I shouldn't! I'm in!

1. Anigai
2. Sleeper
3. will_i_ockham
4. Billy Goatee
5. Cosmos Mariner
6. Rory1262
7. Froogle_jimmy
8. MuhleShaver
9.sliwolf
10. TPL

Unfortunately, having just said that, my mind is now thinking along the lines of "Well in that case, anything else I want I should just hurry up and buy before the end of this month".

A rack for my razors would be really nice, but I know that when I have three unfilled spaces in that rack it's only going to lead to one (or three...) thing.

1. Anigai
2. Sleeper
3. will_i_ockham
4. Billy Goatee
5. Cosmos Mariner
6. Rory1262
7. Froogle_jimmy
8. MuhleShaver
9.sliwolf
10. TPL
11. Pepin

I am in.

Well, since I failed in January, best give it a go in February. Went out on a NEW I just couldn't pass on, which is now my daily shaver.

1. Anigai
2. Sleeper
3. will_i_ockham
4. Billy Goatee
5. Cosmos Mariner
6. Rory1262
7. Froogle_jimmy
8. MuhleShaver
9.sliwolf
10. TPL
11. Pepin
12. canuckle

In like Flint! Might as well since I've decided to not use my spring-restraint exception item.

1. Anigai
2. Sleeper
3. will_i_ockham
4. Billy Goatee
5. Cosmos Mariner
6. Rory1262
7. Froogle_jimmy
8. MuhleShaver
9.sliwolf
10. TPL
11. Pepin
12. canuckle
13. Xserror

1. Anigai
2. Sleeper
3. will_i_ockham
4. Billy Goatee
5. Cosmos Mariner
6. Rory1262
7. Froogle_jimmy
8. MuhleShaver
9.sliwolf
10. TPL
11. Pepin
12. canuckle
13. Xserror
14. Galaktus - Where's Kevdogg?​

Mods, please don't let theruns slip out of the list. I think it happened because froogle_jimmy was composing his post at just about the same time.

Mods, please don't let theruns slip out of the list. I think it happened because froogle_jimmy was composing his post at just about the same time.

1. Anigai
2. Sleeper
3. will_i_ockham
4. Billy Goatee
5. Cosmos Mariner
6. Rory1262
7. Froogle_jimmy
8. MuhleShaver
9.sliwolf
10. TPL
11. Pepin
12. canuckle