What's new

Is There No Love For Derby Blades?

I like Derbys. They are a regular part of my blade rotation.

I find Derby works best in a mild razor like a Merkur HD, EJ89L, or Tech.
It is my go-to choice when I've got a 1-day beard to tackle.

I just never had a great shave with the Derby's. Given the price on a 100 blades, I really wanted to like them. I have a few tucks just sitting around collecting dust. Croma Diamants and Voskhods give me bbs in my razors.

I love them!!

Just ordered a stick with 100 Blades. They are second only after the Gillette IMO.
The main difference is that are not long lasting blades I do around 3/4 shaves, but they are still very cheap.
So yo are in good company!

I can get one good shave then they are dull. I use the professional half blades in my shavette also. They are ok. I get a little cut up but I'm learning how to use it.

I am a Derby blade user and find that they give me a very smooth comfortable shave. That said, I have no idea how to tell the difference between brands. To me the difference is indistinguishable.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
They get no love from me: too dull - feels like plucking the hairs out. But that obviously doesn't mean they won't be wonderful on your face/beard. That's why we have so many blades on the market - YMMV is an actual thing.

Though I've only been DE shaving for about four months...
I've discovered that Derbys are not my friend.
Tried them in my original razor, (A Microtouch One), a Superspeed and my current Fatboy.
Never had SO many nicks, weepers and razor burn. Even the Dorco blades that came with the MTO work better for me.

Top Bottom