What's new

Gillette Silver Blue Razors online?

guys, sites are banned for reasons, if we continue doing business with sites which commited disruptive acts against B&B and its users, then those acts will continue,

[RANT...] Feel free to ignore if you're not up for this.

It's amazing how often this bleeping censorship issue comes up. I know it's a dead issue, but with censoring PM's now... well, I'll just say that it's a righteous shame that the mods don't trust us enough to make up our own minds about who's "abusing" the boards or gving poor service or whatever the initial reason was. I generally respect the mods and feel that they do a good issue, but on this issue I disagree with the oligopoly of power. I find it especially suspicious that the mods' anticompetitive actions strongly benefit one of their own. Absolute power does corrupt absolutely.

[End Rant]. Have a nice spring day!:thumbup:

I had no idea PM's were censored as well. :001_huh:

There very well could be a good reason this link is blocked and it would be nice if we were all privy to the information. Without knowing why the only online place to buy Gillette Silver Blue blades is blocked the logical conclusion for conspiracy theorists like myself is that it does seem to benefit one member.

I found the following link that may explain the censoring.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=25644&highlight=.........

As with all political disputes, it's much easier for most people, especially the newer members and including myself, to just pick a side based on what little info and opinions they have, without attempting to dig up all relevant facts.

Whatever- as much as I hate this on principle (isn't an open forum supposed to have minimum censorship?), the alternatives (SMF, etc) are a lot more poorly organized.

So yeah, time to un-hijack the thread. Gillette Silver Blues, any thoughts?

Can someone explain to me what Gillette Silver Blues are?

Stainless DE blades. I'm not sure why they call them what they do. They worked well for me in a Rocket and SS, not so well in a Tech, as always YMMV.

I see a post of mine, formerly #2, was deleted from this thread without any notification or explanation. This I consider wrong and in very poor form.

I have no connection with the overseas dealer of Gillette Silver Blue blades, but if anyone wants to know where they can be purchased from please email me, not PM. [email protected]

i also was censured when mentioning this very same shop, i almost picked a fight with a moderator about this issue, and in the end he explained to me what this shop has done to deserve being included on the blacklist, its more of a prohibition then censorship, blocking posts directing to shops which have treated B&B members in an unethical way, in this case spamming and insulting from what i understnad, in order to protect members which are unaware of negative issues with those shops, i do understand that you want an explenation as to why your post was modified, so did i, but at the end, it could become problematic and too time consuming for the moderators, maybe the best solution would be to set up a blacklisted shops thread in the general or shopping area, with the name of the shop and the incident or incidents that have lead to that shop being unmentionable on B&B, so when a post is modified becuase of mentioning a blacklisted shop, you can go to that thread and look up exactly what they did,

as for gillette silverblue blades, these are gillette blades made un the czeck republic by the nacet gillette factory there, they are very good but somewhat inconsistant,

I ordered Silver Blues from a concern that I cannot mention. But I enjoy the blades VERY much in my 59 Fatboy...for me they are sharper than a Derby, but more forgiving than a Feather. I've found them to be consistent performers.

I think-- in most anything-- if a person is looking for a particular item, they could do what I did, simply find a competent search engine, perhaps something that rhymes with "frugal" and then they could type in the name of the product sought. This is an easy way to find such information.

PM me and I'll send you a 5 pack to try, if you want-- freebie, on me!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I see a post of mine, formerly #2, was deleted from this thread without any notification or explanation. This I consider wrong and in very poor form.

In a word- Bull!

Your post was a deliberate attempt to bypass the filter. Talk about poor form.

If you don't agree with the policies, that's fine. But if you want to circumvent them, don't play all sweet and innocent.

In a word- Bull!

Your post was a deliberate attempt to bypass the filter. Talk about poor form.

If you don't agree with the policies, that's fine. But if you want to circumvent them, don't play all sweet and innocent.

So in your opinion you don't owe anyone any explanation when you delete a post? I call BULL! as well.

I was trying to be helpful and courteous, try it.

neutral corners gentlemen... it's an argument neither side can win here.

A simple 10 second PM would have addressed my concerns is all I'm trying to say. Not hard to do, there's a drop down box if you click next to my screen name. To think how close I came to clicking that "contribute" button.

I'm out of this discussion.

the issue is that if the moderators have to PM every time someones post gets autochanged due to a blacklisted site, it might be an unaccetable workload, these people are volunteers, they are not paid to moderate the forum and have other day jobs, i still think that a registry of banned sites with reasons for banning is a good idea, so when a post gets changed, you can look up why it was changed,

PM means private message. On another note, Im really surprised that all this BS has come about just from me looking for some damn blades, jesus.

autochange means that when you type the address or name of a blacklisted site, it gets automaticly changed to ........., and the list, is something i´ve requested, but apparently theres not enough interest for the moderatos to act upon, dont take this as a sarcastic comment on my side, any idea has to be first proposed in public, then seconded by other members, and then considered by the moderators, if im the only one asking for it, i would not expect it to be implemented, if every idea proposed by any member was automaticly implemented, this board would be a mess,

Top Bottom