What's new

Polsilver Siper Iridium, now i am a believer

I've struggled to like the Polsilver, but so much depends on your prep and beard. Some guys soak for one minute max, while others soak for five minutes. Some guys have guys have thick, bristly beards, while others have less beard. Some use an ultra-aggressive razor, while others prefer something easier on the face.

Polsilver's okay, but I'm sold on the GSB.

I just finished using a PolSilver blade for 10, three pass shaves.
This was also the blade of choice on my wedding day last year.
At, what at the time I thought is was a mediocre shave(I was nervous, and house was going crazy). I see the wedding photos and the shave looks great.
I know if I had used any other blade that day, I would have had a problem!

I have found the PolSI shaves nearly like a Feather but without the near instant crap-out!
The most annoying thing about Feathers is that you get one great shave then a second great shave and then it craps out early third shave!

The PolSI is smooth and sharp for 5 shaves, the sixth deteriorates in smoothness but the shave is still good. I will generally change it out after the 5th, which is great for me!

My favourite blade, the Indian Blacks, are smoother but just a tad less sharp but also give me 5 shaves. I love these two blades but I'm concerned as I only have ~20yrs worth!

I have found the PolSI shaves nearly like a Feather but without the near instant crap-out!
The most annoying thing about Feathers is that you get one great shave then a second great shave and then it craps out early third shave!

The PolSI is smooth and sharp for 5 shaves, the sixth deteriorates in smoothness but the shave is still good. I will generally change it out after the 5th, which is great for me!

My favourite blade, the Indian Blacks, are smoother but just a tad less sharp but also give me 5 shaves. I love these two blades but I'm concerned as I only have ~20yrs worth!
What makes it a fantastic blade is the combination of sharpness and smoothness !

150 Polsilvers arrived this morning. I am very excited to try them. I got all 150 for £20 delivered.

Feather blades are what I started out using, but they irritate my skin too much, so I'm using Personna lab blues instead and finding them to be very, very nice indeed.

I have heard the Polsilvers are sharper and smoother than the Personnas so I'm expecting them to be my new favourite blade.

It's my favourite blade as well, but I find Gillette Blacks to be as effective and less expensive, as they are readily available at the corner store.
Here in the US blades are very hard to come by except on the Net. Relatively speaking.

I'm still not sure with Polsilver. I've had some less than stellar shaves and this week have been pretty good. Been a few months and I'm still trying to decide on these blades.

I have heard the Polsilvers are sharper and smoother than the Personnas so I'm expecting them to be my new favourite blade.

Personna blades are among my top performer list. I d have no problem using them exclusively aling with rapira platinum lux. The PSI for me are just a step above in all departement.

PSI perform extremly well for me on my slim adjustable.

For this morning's shave, I swapped out a Polsilver Super Iridium which had only 3 shaves on it, to try a Wilkinson Classic Blade in my EJ DE98lbl.

I like the Polsilver quite a bit, feels quite sharp, and a little bit more forgiving I think than a Feather Blade. I have noted the Polsilver seems to give a good amount of shaves per blade.

So, in went the Wilkinson, lathered up with some Cella, and away I go!

The Wilkinson at first seemed "duller", but it wasn't dragging a bit, and after a first pass, I had come to believe, not duller, but a bit "smoother".

I did my usual "3-pass regulatory shave", WTG, ATG, XTG, rinsed with hot water in between passes, re-lathered.

I got a pretty darn good shave with the Wilkinson I thought. Very close, smooth, zero irritation after, neck area which is usually a bit difficult was very nice today (Aqua Velva Ice Blue was the AS of choice) No dings, weepers, etc, zero.

From previous use of the Wilkinson Classic Blades though, I'm gathering I won't probably get as many shaves as the Polsilver Blades.

Just wanted to try this comparo for kicks, as I do have a boatload of the Wilkinson Classic Blades.

Last edited:
The Polsilvers have become my primary blade.

My count is now up to 3,800. Each blade lasts 6 shaves so the ~70 years worth is enough to get me to the 100 years of age! (Then I've got about 40 years worth of GSB and Indian Blacks!)

I really like PSI's too. I just spent a great week using one in a Gillette Long-Comb NEW then decided to put a Personna Lab in the same razor to compare them. For me the Polsilver feels just a little sharper and the Personna just a little smoother but they're very close in performance. Both can last me a week easily. The Personnas are of course quite a bit cheaper in the US so I have more of those in the stockpile but I'll keep some Polsilvers around too.

I've previously tried PSI in my Merkur Classic and found them to be just a little too aggressive. Some irritation and a few minor weepers. Then I read this thread and thought I'd give it one more try, this time in my new Maggard v2 razor.
Wow! It was what every wet shaver fantasizes about! The blade just glided over my face and neck and I had to check several times to make sure it was really cutting. Not only was it cutting but it was cutting BBS smoothe! So now it's off to find the best deal on a 100 pack.

Who has the best deal on PolSilver ? (Foreign is ok since I have 2 5 packs left)

I've previously tried PSI in my Merkur Classic and found them to be just a little too aggressive. Some irritation and a few minor weepers. Then I read this thread and thought I'd give it one more try, this time in my new Maggard v2 razor.
Wow! It was what every wet shaver fantasizes about! The blade just glided over my face and neck and I had to check several times to make sure it was really cutting. Not only was it cutting but it was cutting BBS smoothe! So now it's off to find the best deal on a 100 pack.

Who has the best deal on PolSilver ? (Foreign is ok since I have 2 5 packs left)

Veli is a member on B&B... DCC I believe is his username.

I agree, the Polsilvers are the Bomb! Equally smooth and sharp... I find the longivity is different depending on the razor used. You can get a decent price on a 100 pack if you just look around a bit. Found my 100 for $22 on Amazon!

I also enjoy using: Treet and Shark blades. I get a similar result at a lower cost, although not as long lasting.

I'm so over the bloody Feathers or dull Astra/Derby stuff!

Thats just me, ya know! :blush:

I'm on the 5th day of a Polsilver blade, first time trying them. I'm amazed at how smooth my face is with only a 2 pass shave and touchup on jawline/neck. All other blades have taken 3 or 4 passes and still don't give me as smooth of a shave. I've had no problem with ATG passes or doing a complete 4 pass with no irritation. Simply an amazing blade for me. I like Astra and Ladas too, but neither of them give the performance of the PSI's.

Polsilver SI is a great blade! It lasts me double the shaves comparing Astra for example. Very good quality.
I have stashed up quite a few of them.

Iridium is very special element. Believed it is not earth origin but came from space million years ago. Hard to make it liquid. Needs more than 2500 degrees. Also very expensive material. 1gr about 12$.
Polsilver is my best blade, as well. Comfortable,smooth and sharp and also has good stamina. I can use it mor than 4 times. Usually i toss a blade after 2 times.
Highly recommended.

Top Bottom