What's new

Went to an antique store, just to look.

Didnt have it in me to leave empty handed. They had a lot scattered thought out the store but two stood out to me (I have no idea what I'm looking for. It was between a Boker and a razor made by Sheffield. The Sheffield was 35 and the Boker 50$. I went with the Sheffield. The Sheffield is stamped "Sheffield Razor Co. Sheffield England". And on the blade in olde English "The Celebrated Hollow Ground Razor". When I google that phrase I see razors made by Wade and Butcher but this has no such markings. Any thoughts?

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

the razor seems in overall really good shape. No pitting just some surface rust by the tail.

Here here is the Boker I passsd on.

proxy.php

You may need to do a little restoration work on the blade to take care of some of the pitting at the edge. If that's possible then it will be a good razor I'm sure. Any razor from England, Germany Sweden, France or USA should be good if it's in good condition or restoreable.

IMHO I would only pay the 40 to 50 at an antique store if it was a near mint or NOS razor. I think your best bet is to check out flea markets. You'd be surprised at what you can find in good condition and the usually very reasonable prices.

Happy Hunting!

P.S Look for hones while your at it. Soap scum is a dead giveaway.

Yeah it does look better cleaned up. It's hard to tell from photos. It may be fine. Send it out to get honed if you haven't done it your self.

Top Bottom