What's new

Shell Cordovan Help

I need your help again. I am looking at this seldom used Allen Edmonds Bradleys, being sold as shell cordovan. The picture of the bottoms show an all rubber heel and no sole marking that say cordovan. Any opinion they are indeed shell? Is it possible they were produced before AE used combination heel on all shell cordovans?

I need your help again. I am looking at this seldom used Allen Edmonds Bradleys, being sold as shell cordovan. The picture of the bottoms show an all rubber heel and no sole marking that say cordovan. Any opinion they are indeed shell? Is it possible they were produced before AE used combination heel on all shell cordovans?

Last edited by a moderator:
They've been doing the combo heel for a while so it's possible these were custom heeled/soled from the git or were recrafted that way. The model number shows on a few of the pics, ya? Call AE if the auction timing allows and give them the number, see what they say.

I guess it's possible also that these are just not shell. I think they did the Bradley in calf up to 2004 or 2005.

Last edited:
I wrote the seller. He said he referenced a pair that was cordovan for the description, turns out they wern't cordovan. Thanks.

I think a lot of people consider cordovan a color rather than the type of leather. That can add a degree of uncertainty to ebay transactions ...

Top Bottom