What's new

Razor and brush stand made from cherry and koa (pic heavy)

Very nice job!

Have you considered weighing the base with some lead? Its pretty simple, just drill a few holes and pour the lead in. Now get that yard raked up!

I did consider adding weights, but I didn't know that they would be useful until after I had finished and I dont want to have to re-finish the whole (or part) of it. Also, I have a wonderful propensity for tearing out chunks of cherry when trying to drill holes in it.

The leaves had been raked less than a week prior to that picture being taken, but I will beat my lawn guy appropriately for the transgression.

I did consider adding weights, but I didn't know that they would be useful until after I had finished and I dont want to have to re-finish the whole (or part) of it. Also, I have a wonderful propensity for tearing out chunks of cherry when trying to drill holes in it.

The leaves had been raked less than a week prior to that picture being taken, but I will beat my lawn guy appropriately for the transgression.

Ah.. a good beating is refreshing!

Not sure why you would have to refinish the piece if you drilled a hole in the bottom? a 3/8 or half inch fostner bit should cut a clean hole and it may darken a bit around the hole when you pour the lead, it should not hurt anything that is visible. In any event its a fine job on design and execution.

Top Bottom